Field Marshall Signature & Unit History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Marshall Signature & Unit History

If I got the information of this unit correctly, this document is from the Observation Division 31 motorized established on October, 36, It was attached to the 31st Infantry Division until December 1939. It was also part of the 11th Army in Russia in 1942, and later, used in the West. In 1945, it was part of the 5th Panzer Army .

Could someone confirm this history? Is the signature Scherer's facsimile? Any ideas in the value of the document? I will be posting it in the stand and would like input on that.
    Last edited by Gdeutschland39; 05-28-2014, 03:20 PM.

This is what I found http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...ionen/31ID.htm

Beobachtungs-Abteilung 31

Feldpostnummern ab der Mobilmachung: 1943 wurden die Einheiten in leichte Beobachtungs-Abteilung 31 umbenannt. Am 18. November 1943 wurde die 1. Batterie in der Feldpostübersicht gestrichen.

Einheit Feldpostnummer
    Stab 23534
    1. Vermessungs-Batterie 18568 gestr. Nov/43
    2. Schallmess-Batterie 16684
    3. Lichtmess-Batterie 28216
    Die Beobachtungs-Abteilung 31 wurde am 6. Oktober 1936 in Braunschweig, im Wehrkreis XI, aufgestellt. Die Abteilung wurde für die 31. Infanterie-Division aufgestellt und wurde dieser auch unterstellt. Im Dezember 1939 wurde die Abteilung zur Heerestruppe. Anfang 1942 wurde die Abteilung in Südrussland bei der 11. Armee eingesetzt. Am 20. Mai 1942 wurde die Abteilung in eine leichte Beobachtungs-Abteilung (mot) umgewandelt. Dabei wurde die 1. (Vermessungs-) Batterie aufgelöst. Später wurde die Abteilung im Westen eingesetzt. 1945 wurde die Armee bei der 5. Panzerarmee eingesetzt.

Ersatztruppenteil für die Abteilung war die Beobachtungs-Ersatz-Abteilung 31 in Braunschweig, im Wehrkreis XI. Nach deren Auflösung übernahm die Beobachtungs-Ersatz-Abteilung 6 in Lemgo, im Wehrkreis VI diese Aufgabe.

Kommandeure:

unbekannt

I hope this helps.

Chris

Comment

That is the information I go then. Thanks for the confirmation. As for the signature further research is indicating to me that this is actually Von Manstein signature. Correct?
      Last edited by Gdeutschland39; 05-29-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Anyone with an idea of what would be a fair price for the document in itself? I have a member interested on it. My assessment was made in a history of sales that I could find, but the fluctuation goes from $160.00 to $299.00

Comment

You would need to post an image of the document (or am I the only one that can't see it?)

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
            You would need to post an image of the document (or am I the only one that can't see it?)
            I'm not seeing anything either....

Hank

EDIT: Oh, it's on e-stand - http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=741134
            Last edited by Hank C.; 05-29-2014, 10:25 PM.
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks for the attempt. It was posted in the stand

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X