Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theodor Eicke Document....

Any thoughts on this? Any good? Thanks!

alot of "faked" ageing going on, sig looks slightly ok, the runes look bad oon the stamps, mmmm, my instinct tells me no mate,hope im wrong,but it wouldnt be for me

Comment

Okay, thanks.

I totally agree the color of the paper looks way off, the dark spots on the document look strange. I thought maybe it was the scanner that caused this stuff.

The setup of the document looks good based on a real example I've seen, but I am not sure if that matters.

Comment

Not a good scan and black and white as well but the pencil annotations and office stamps are consitent with with this sort of document. Needs to be compared to other SS hauptampt documents from the same period.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Well here is what I consider to be an authentic document signed by Eicke (sold by Alexander Auctions whom I consider to be experts in this)

To my untrained eye the doc I posted looks legit based on the comparison. However, the paper is a different color etc....but could be a scanner discrepancy. Then again, I really have no clue since forgers produce great stuff.

Comment

I just can't make up my mind on this....some good points & some I don't like (color) I'd pass Tom

Comment

wrong thread...
              Last edited by Hank C.; 05-01-2014, 03:49 PM. Reason: mistake
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks Tom. Appreciate it.

Comment

The first image is a black and white/Grayscale scan of the document, so it's not possible to tell the colour of the original paper (some scanners are set to scan at low resolution and not in colour so this may be why it looks that way).

I am not a document expert but to me the 2 documents appear to be consistent.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/faoeig.jpg
                  http://oi59.tinypic.com/2iij0x1.jpg

For comparison here is the Alexander auctions (apparently accepted good one) in grayscale & below that close up of same text in both documents 'Chef der SS-Hauptamtes' it appears (to me) to be created on the same typewriter :
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so much for doing that comparison Helden. I appreciate it! Looks good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X