Indian Legion photo - good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Legion photo - good or bad?

Purchased this photo of members of Azad Hind - the Indian Legion, but when the photo arrived, I have some issued with it (did not see them from the auction photos). Can someone tell me if its a good photo or a fake?

The issues i see:

1. There are some scratches (above the first guy with the turban) and stains (second guy with the turban wearing trench coat) on the photo, but they are not on the surface of the photo, but printed with the photo. Can it be because original film was scratched or is this a sign of a re-print?

2. The photo is not very clear, compared to other black and white photos that I have.

I tested the photo under UV - it does not glow. I am not aware of this photo being a scan of a previously known photo, the seller had other Indian Legion photos, all from the same group. The seller also seems like a legit antique dealer with positive feedback.

I am not very good at telling fake photos from the real ones, perhaps some forum members can help me on this one?

It is printed from negative suitable for 6X9 paper on postcard size paper - that's why not so clear
    Looks fine to me, anyway

Cheers
    Michael

Comment

Thank you very much for clarifying Michael!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X