Looking info from a KIA DKiG winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking info from a KIA DKiG winner

I want to find in which unit he fought and any other info regarding this brave officer and if we can find a picture it could be wonderfull.

As you can see he was KIA on February 4th, 1.944 as Hauptmann and Batl. Kommandeur in a Panzerdivision, due the fact he was awarded the CCC I think he was in a one of the Panzergrenadier Regiments. Looks like he knew well the price of service and bravery as he proudly wore the Wound Badge in Gold also.

Thanks

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Hi Angel,

He was a battalion commander in Pz.Gr.Rgt.6. Killed 4 February 1944 near Pohorelce. Hauptmann RDA 01.12.42 (187c1).

That's all I know. Hope it's helpful.
    Jason

Comment

Won the DKiG as an Oberleutnant in 1./Pz.Gren.Rgt 6 on 9th April 1943. Born 7th March 1916 and was a Zugführer with the rank of Leutnant on 1st September 1939 in 8.(schwere)/Kav.Schtz.Rgt 6. Possibly promoted to Major (http://www.panzer-archiv.de/forum/print.php?t=8699)
      Last edited by hucks216; 04-10-2014, 06:46 PM. Reason: Amplifying info.

Comment

Thanks to both, any option to find a photo from him? do you know any division history available? Maybe in one of those books we can find an image of this soldier, he was a batallion commander so............

Thanks again

Angel
        Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

1./Pz.Gren.Rgt 6 belonged to the 7th Panzer Division. I'm sure there is a German publication/book for that division. I might even have it somewhere in one of my boxes in storage.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
            Thanks to both, any option to find a photo from him? do you know any division history available? Maybe in one of those books we can find an image of this soldier, he was a batallion commander so............
            It's your lucky day!

Source: "Die 7. Panzer-Division im zweiten Weltrkrieg", page 336. Quality of the original picture is not good.

Jason

- - -
            Attached Files

Comment

Well, here's another surprise. I was just putting the previous book back on my bookshelf and I noticed another unit history of 7.Pz.Div. Upon opening it, it appears to be all the pics used in the other book, but they're much better quality.

Source: Hasso von Manteuffel's "Die 7. Panzer-Division: Bewaffnung, Einsätze, Männer", page 129.

Jason

- - -
              Attached Files

Comment

Doherty

Nice one Jason!!!!
                Harmel

Comment

Wonderful, thanks for your help Jason, now I can put a face to a name, always something special.

Again thanks for your efforts.

Angel

Comment

Nice Jason. thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X