Portrait of Ernst Kaltenbrunner with signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portrait of Ernst Kaltenbrunner with signature

Hi, here we have a original portrait from his time in captivity prior to his execution.
    But, does this sig have a chance to be from him?

Thanks in advance
    Göran
    Attached Files

I don't know about the sig., but the person in the photo is not the famous Ernst Kaltenbrunner executed in 1946. 100% sure of this. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
      I don't know about the sig., but the person in the photo is not the famous Ernst Kaltenbrunner executed in 1946. 100% sure of this. Tom
      I am 100% sure that I agree with Tom's being 100% sure that this is not Kaltenbrunner! Google images is your friend when researching something like this! here below is a link to photos of Ernst, judge for yourself. being it is not him this does not look good for the signature being good unless he was in the habit of signing photos of other people! notice the scar on the left cheek of the real Ernst.

hope you did not buy this photo and if you did you can get your money back!

Kevin

https://www.google.com/search?q=erns...28.XZTBYN-_V1E

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
        I am 100% sure that I agree with Tom's being 100% sure that this is not Kaltenbrunner! Google images is your friend when researching something like this! here below is a link to photos of Ernst, judge for yourself. being it is not him this does not look good for the signature being good unless he was in the habit of signing photos of other people! notice the scar on the left cheek of the real Ernst.

hope you did not buy this photo and if you did you can get your money back!

Kevin

https://www.google.com/search?q=erns...28.XZTBYN-_V1E
        I 100% agree with Kevin !!!!! Tom

Comment

Signature

Here are 2 of his book found signatures. Even the slant of the letters is completely wrong.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Tom and Weisner!!
            Of course I did a google search, I thought all the images on the net was frauds and my portrait was the only correct one .

No, I bought this portrait some years ago and actually never paid any attention about it until yesterday. Of course you are absolutely correct, this is not Ernst K.

I bought it from a very known seller and I am sure I get the money (€150+ shipping) back so no problem.

Thanks again and take care.

//Göran

Comment

It looks to be signed with a marker or sharpie...not a lot of those around in '45.

Colin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X