Wehrmacht dressed with SS camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht dressed with SS camo

Recently I bought an photoalbum from an artillery unit but it's mixed up with some panzer photo's and this rare one.
    I will post the album soon.
    Attached Files

Very interesting photo indeed !! Tom

Comment

That is a great picture. SS camo was always sought after by Heer troops.
      Wilhelm

Comment

Some front line police troops ( not polizei division ) were issued with W-SS camp so was the HG division and transport Speer.

Whoever they are, nice photo!

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
          Some front line police troops ( not polizei division ) were issued with W-SS camp so was the HG division and transport Speer.

Whoever they are, nice photo!
          Not very common however. The army belt buckles is interesting. Tom

Comment

SS camo was also used by heer units in Finland for recce patrol work
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Everybody thanks for the replies and info.
              From what I could see is that the owner (member of an artillerie unit) of the album fought in: France 1940 and in 1943 south of the Ladogasee / Lake ladoga and he was in Holland.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                Everybody thanks for the replies and info.
                From what I could see is that the owner (member of an artillerie unit) of the album fought in: France 1940 and in 1943 south of the Ladogasee / Lake ladoga and he was in Holland.
                With these dates IMO these soldiers are members from 4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division (maybe the owner was in SS-Artillerie Regiment 4) !
                Polizeidivision2.jpg

Polizeidivision3.jpg

Comment

Novedvory thanks for your help

Comment

Hello.

I didn't think they were Polizei Division because of the belt buckles but I know there was a lot of crossover of unifom...

Comment

Artillerie-Regiment 300

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
                      Hello.

I didn't think they were Polizei Division because of the belt buckles but I know there was a lot of crossover of unifom...
                      Maybe, these soldiers are from Artillerie-Regiment 300 (a WH unit) and they wear a mixture of Heer and SS clothing ?
                      The Artillerie-Regiment 300 was the Artillerie Regiment of the SS-Polizei-Division until the SS-Polizei-Artillerie-Regiment was added !

Comment

I imagine these are in the same position with regard to SS camouflage issue. The headwear and visible tunics are assuredly Wehrmacht.
                        Kerry.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the input and some other great pictures shown here

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X