Big Boom Boom !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Boom Boom !!!

"Lifted" - - from a recent internet auction...

"Liftstaffel"
    Attached Files

Wow ! "Rock and Roll" !

Comment

Hi,
      Shame on you???????????
      Are they SS troops appear to be wearing camo jackets.
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
        Hi,
        Shame on you???????????
        Are they SS troops appear to be wearing camo jackets.
        Mark

SShame is a word not found in "Hundestaffel's" Paw-sonal Dictionary

With the possible (??) exception of the one fellow who 'almost' (??) looks like he's wearing a SS Dot Camo Tunic (and Model 34 SS Helmet), they all Wehrmacht troops, not SS.

"SShamlessstaffel"
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Hundestaffel; 03-27-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I' ll bet narsistik is

Mark. To answer your question. It's a wehrmacht unit for sure. If you are interested in more information send me a pm

I have a soldbuch/wehrpass group incl about 100 pictures from a guy who actually crewed such vehicle. In his soldbuch he is wearing a black wrap. Seems to be a hype these days. This vehicle is on alot of pictures from this group.

Here is a heavily cropped picture (Seems to be necessary nowadays) from all vehicles from this unit lined up in Kloster Zinna near Juterbog incl the incredible rare two VK901 prototypes (the only 2 produced were in this unit) Apoligy for cropping but at least it is my own

Erwin

Ps at the time this picture was made Dot camo didn't excist
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
            I' ll bet narsistik is

"Narsistik staffel"

Comment

I have a soldbuch/wehrpass group incl about 100 pictures from a guy who actually crewed such vehicle...
              Can you say what tracked vehicle VK901 is based on? Looks like its from the Sd.Kfz 6-9 family, but can't tell for certain.

Comment

Hello Scott

The halftrack chassis used for this conversion was the 12t Sd.Kfz.8 DB9 variant, when available. It's nickname was "Bunkerknacker".

The engine and driver’s position were protected against smallarms fire, while the gun received a protection shield; provision was made at the rear for wicker ammunition containers.

The FlaK 18 was modified. The traverse was reduced to 5° (left and right) and elevation to -4° and +15°.

Despite some limitations, such as the excessive height and limited traverse, the Bunkerknacker was considered effective and was much appreciated by the troops, as proved by its relatively long operational career.

This type of vehicle was made ready in about four months (August to November 1938); by the end of that year ten of these SPG’s ad been produced and soon issued to 1.Schwere Kompanie/8 Panzerjäger Abteilung for the Polish campaign.

This unit, with 6 SPG’s took part in the invasion of Belgium and France. In June 1941 the company was relocated to Russia. On 29 January 1942 it was renamed Panzerjäger Kompanie 601. The surviving examples of this SPG were lost on the Eastern Front during March 1943.

The VK 901 is totally different. It was a fully tracked vehicle. The only 2 were attached to this unit.

I hope it answers your question
                Erwin

Comment

This is my favorite vehicle and luckily I won this picture. Few photos show their guns pointing to the frank (or to the rear, for that matter), thus expensive :-)

It is suggested in a presentation photo album of this unit (s.P.8) that this vehicle could fire the gun from this position.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Regarding the two Pz.Sfl.Ic based on VK901 that were assigned to P.601, see also:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...Ic#post5108493

VK901's further development created a self-propelled 7,5cm Pak Sfl, which had the nickname "Hans".

Comment

As i once told you before, nice drawing from a great album Akira. I already thought you won this one. Congrats

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Thank you for the additional details Erwin. Akira, your illustration is also a big help!

I have a friend who wants to attempt to build a model of this weapon system.

Comment

Interesting thread! I have one photo showing a similar vehicle.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TabulaTJ View Post
                            Interesting thread!
                            Thankx !!!

Who ever figured that this Narsistik Hund would be able to actually start an interesting thread ???

"Narsistik staffel"

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
                              This is my favorite vehicle and luckily I won this picture. Few photos show their guns pointing to the frank (or to the rear, for that matter), thus expensive :-)

It is suggested in a presentation photo album of this unit (s.P.8) that this vehicle could fire the gun from this position.

That is an AWESOME drawing Akira!!! The shape, dimensions, perspective and detailing are all so accurate it appears as though it may have even been based off of/drawn from an actual photograph (???)

I can see why this vehicle is your favorite - it's so cool and fearsome looking I know of only one period photo that shows the gun could at least rotate to its flank (see below) which seems to contradict the information listed above:
                              The traverse was reduced to 5° (left and right) and elevation to -4° and +15°.

Despite some limitations, such as the excessive height and limited traverse, the Bunkerknacker was considered effective and was much appreciated by the troops, as proved by its relatively long operational career.
                              Erwin, it would be interesting to hear where you got your information from as it appears to be incorrect?

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
                              Thank you for the additional details Erwin. Akira, your illustration is also a big help!

I have a friend who wants to attempt to build a model of this weapon system.
                              Scott-

Trumpeter produces a really nice 1/35 scale kit of this vehicle which would make a great starting point:

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.co...r/tr01585.html

...and this site has dozens of photos which will definitely come in handy for reference purposes:

http://militarymodels.co.nz/2012/03/...bunkerknacker/

Awesome thread for a wicked cool vehicle
                              Rob
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X