StuG Ritterkreuzträger ID Assistance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StuG Ritterkreuzträger ID Assistance...

Can anyone make a positive ID on this StuG Ritterkreuzträger ???

Thankx !!

"Hundestaffel"
    Attached Files

Hi Trev! To find out who is this man you can start from a unit number - note the 50 shoulder board devices. Are there any SS Stug unit with such number?

Comment

Originally posted by photo-war View Post
      Hi Trev! To find out who is this man you can start from a unit number - note the 50 shoulder board devices. Are there any SS Stug unit with such number?
      Since they are Heer you may want to search Heer Stug units, an oversight on photo-war's part I would guess.

Kev

Comment

HEER STUG unit for sure, not SS! Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by photo-war View Post
          note the 50 shoulder board devices.
          The numbers on his shoulder boards almost certainly refer to an artillery regiment.

Jason

Comment

Maybe not StuG, Artllery, I have a group from an officer in the Pz. Art. Rgt. 73 wearing field gray wrappers so try to find a list from Art. Rgt. 50 KC winners, also he is wearing the DKiG and the NkSpiS.

Angel
            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

id

Or is the number 59? Strange that he doesn't have his EK 1 and an assault badge on.

Comment

Looks like a 59 to me as well, possibly Pz. Jag. Abt. 59 ("P" not always present). There was also a Kradschutzen Battalion 59 and a Pz. Gren. Rgt. 59.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                  Looks like a 59 to me as well, possibly Pz. Jag. Abt. 59 ("P" not always present). There was also a Kradschutzen Battalion 59 and a Pz. Gren. Rgt. 59.
                  The vast majority of Stug. crewmen began their careers in artillery units, so these guys could be wearing the old Art.Rgt.59 numbers while in their new Stug. unit.

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                    The vast majority of Stug. crewmen began their careers in artillery units, so these guys could be wearing the old Art.Rgt.59 numbers while in their new Stug. unit.
                    I suppose I was suggesting that the field gray wrapper could be worn by armored troops other than Stug.. The idea that two officers would be wearing numerals from the same prior unit (or any prior unit for that matter) is, in my mind, highly unlikely.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X