Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rommel Signed Document opinions

Hi Guys,
    Ive got a chance to pick this up. First, does it look good? Second, what is a fair price?
    best,
    Chris
    Attached Files

From what Ive researched the autograph looks dead on. Any opinions?

Comment

Chris - There are a ton of these Rommel "signed" Verleihungslisten out there and you must be VERY careful with them. Personally, I don't like the signature on this one (and I don't like the I used for 1s).

Comment

Looks good to me. Here is something similar.
        http://shop.patton-militaria.com/pro...3&categoryId=3

I'd say the price would range anywhere between $400-$800.

But keep in mind I am no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
          Chris - There are a ton of these Rommel "signed" Verleihungslisten out there and you must be VERY careful with them. Personally, I don't like the signature on this one (and I don't like the I used for 1s).
          Thank you. I will listen to you as I dont know anything on these and it kind of just fell in my lap. Thanks!

Comment

I agree with Brian in all respects. There are a ton of these out there and you have to be expert to tell if it's real. Even if it is, a lot of collectors will steer clear, suppressing value.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by kahle33 View Post
              Looks good to me. Here is something similar.
              http://shop.patton-militaria.com/pro...3&categoryId=3

I'd say the price would range anywhere between $400-$800.

But keep in mind I am no expert.
              The Patton one is definitely fake. I saw this one in hand at the SOS.

Doesn't it seem suspicious that the Patton one and the one on this thread have the same date, were supposed to come from the same office, but used different keys for the number "1"?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                Completely agree ,it is very difficult that in the oberkommando they had a broken typing machine!!, also the signature do not corresponding to the rommels signature of year 1941 ( it is too "flat") you can see a lot original signatures on WAF .
                Andrea

Comment

Hi,
                  the signature is not original for me.

Regards
                  Robin

Comment

Thanks for saving me on this one guys!!!

Comment

Rommel

The signature is 100 % original and a typical one from 1940/41. I can not understand why people here in this mysterious forum always call FAKE!!! Myself have a complete folder with many of Rommel´s signatures and I tell you: THIS signature is authentic !!

Comment

Many typewriters made during the Third Reich era did not have a separate key for the numeral "1," the lowercase letter "l" would be used instead as the shape of the character is virtually identical. There would have been no reason to use the upper case "I" for "1" because the "l" works fine as seen for instance in the word "General." Any clerk typist would have been very familiar with this during the war but the lack of a "1" on a typewriter may be confusing for a person who is used to a computer keyboard...

Comment

Originally posted by Weweslburg View Post
                          The signature is 100 % original and a typical one from 1940/41. I can not understand why people here in this mysterious forum always call FAKE!!! Myself have a complete folder with many of Rommel´s signatures and I tell you: THIS signature is authentic !!
                          It'd be helpful if you could post a few of those then, for comparison.

best
                          Hank
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                            Many typewriters made during the Third Reich era did not have a separate key for the numeral "1," the lowercase letter "l" would be used instead as the shape of the character is virtually identical. There would have been no reason to use the upper case "I" for "1" because the "l" works fine as seen for instance in the word "General." Any clerk typist would have been very familiar with this during the war but the lack of a "1" on a typewriter may be confusing for a person who is used to a computer keyboard...
                            Actually, I noticed a really good example of the interchangeability of the lowercase "L" and "1" can be seen in this thread:
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=728066

best
                            Hank
                            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

IMO it's just fine Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X