• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJP View Post
    Hi Markus...thanks if I could only find his wartime signature

Cheers,
    Markus

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post

Definitely a man who warranted having a book written about his life, would have made for very interesting reading.
      There is still time. The gold lies in the Torland tapes. His own words. Fascinating. I may still give it a crack at some point once I finish my Vietnam Army aviation book.

I have already started this effort. Proofing will be needed.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Lloyd I.; 03-11-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I sincerely hope so Lloyd.

Have any video interviews surfaced at all....?

I seem to recall reading that someone mentioned seeing one although I could be wrong. Maybe it was in a German TV documentary.

I know David Irving interviewed him although have not seen too much other than one document that has any information from this meeting.

The Torland tapes would be fascinating to say the least.

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
        There is still time. The gold lies in the Torland tapes. His own words. Fascinating. I may still give it a crack at some point once I finish my Vietnam Army aviation book.

I have already started this effort. Proofing will be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
          I sincerely hope so Lloyd.

Have any video interviews surfaced at all....?

I seem to recall reading that someone mentioned seeing one although I could be wrong. Maybe it was in a German TV documentary.

I know David Irving interviewed him although have not seen too much other than one document that has any information from this meeting.

The Torland tapes would be fascinating to say the least.
          There were two English language televised interviews with him. One is from 1989 and the other is from the around the same time frame. The Production Company has not responded to my inquiries for the unedited footage if at all available. Having done production work I know there is likely a great deal more footage if it has survived. The same company behind the 1989 documentary is still in existence. They were both produced in England.

David Irving's interview notes with him are available online. They are in Irving's peculiar style of combining German and English together. This interview specifically only covered his time while on the Adjutants Staff with AH. That would be inline with Irving's biography on Hitler. It does discusses his reasons for dismissal from the Berghof as well as dispels the myth of another Hitler mistress.

Comment

I agree.

They would have hardly gone to the lengths of organising an interview with Max only for them to ask one or two questions.

The one portion of the documentary you spoke of barely has him on for 3-5 seconds, so I agree it would be amazing to see what other footage and questions were asked during this interview.

I have only seen David Irving's notes specific to his dismissal from the Berghof,
            i.e. Arthur Kannenberg being the cause, dispelling the other numerous theories
            floating about.

I have a personal letter from Wünsche (not to me personally) that also clarified that he had 5 sons, one of which was a dentist.

Items associated with him are very few and far between unfortunately.

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
            There were two English language televised interviews with him. One is from 1989 and the other is from the around the same time frame. The Production Company has not responded to my inquiries for the unedited footage if at all available. Having done production work I know there is likely a great deal more footage if it has survived. The same company behind the 1989 documentary is still in existence. They were both produced in England.

David Irving's interview notes with him are available online. They are in Irving's peculiar style of combining German and English together. This interview specifically only covered his time while on the Adjutants Staff with AH. That would be inline with Irving's biography on Hitler. It does discusses his reasons for dismissal from the Berghof as well as dispels the myth of another Hitler mistress.
            Last edited by Max Wünsche; 04-05-2016, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Wartime Wünsche and Kurt Meyer signatures from the German Cross in Gold proposal ("Vorschlag Nr. 5 für die Verleihung des Deutschen Kreuzes in Gold") submitted on July 1, 1944, for "Hitlerjugend" recipient Ludwig Ruckdeschel that was approved on August 19, 1944.

Best,
              Mark C. Yerger
              Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks for posting this Mark....

Comment

I have this photo signed by Mohnke

Originally posted by SJP View Post
                  Here is another one for comments
                  __________________________________________________ ______________
                  Cheers Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                  X