Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franz Kornprobst Document Group?

Hello,

I was fortunate enough to pick up this nice RK VB for Franz Kornprobst who earned his RK in the fight against Patton's 3rd Army during the Rhine battles in February 1945.

I understand that Manion's had actually sold at one time what is purported to be his awards and documents. I am wondering if anyone knows where everything ended up. I am most interested in the documents...If I've got the RK VB, where are the rest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
    John
    Attached Files

Guess you have seen this? Posts 413 - 414- 415.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...st#post5550408

Comment

Thank you!

Interesting that there is another RK VB shown too. I would very much like to see better images of this VB, as well as his DK VB.

Regards,
      John

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
        Thank you!

Interesting that there is another RK VB shown too. I would very much like to see better images of this VB, as well as his DK VB.

Regards,
        John
        Yes 2 of them?????? what the hell ???????

Comment

Agreed.

The one I have is original, no doubts about that. So....the other?

From the small sized photo in the thread it appears not to be typed on the Führerschreibmaschine, which would be a very bad sign. Yes, there are originals of the 2nd format RK VB that do not use this typeset, however all the RK VB's I've studied from April 1945 where done on the Führerschreibmaschine - to include Otto Neuman's done on the very same day of 10 April.

Regards,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
            Yes 2 of them?????? what the hell ???????
            It appears to me to be the same document...notice the creasing/shading in all the same places. Also the slightly elevated "0" (zero) in 320 with the top half of the numeral not quite there.

Hank
            Last edited by Hank C.; 03-05-2014, 09:07 PM. Reason: more info
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
              It appears to me to be the same document...
              Hi Hank,

Look a little more closely - it is most definitely not the same document. For example, look at the positioning of the stamp, different color signature (black vs. blue), etc.

Regards,
              John

Comment

The paper clip mark seems to be similar also.

Comment

They're quite clearly one and the same document
                  Attached Files
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

My apologies for not being more clear.

Yes, the document shown by Simon and I now presume that Hank was referring to is absolutely the same one as mine.

I was actually referring to the 'other' RK VB though - this one is clearly different (see below).

Regards,
                    John
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
                      My apologies for not being more clear.

Yes, the document shown by Simon and I now presume that Hank was referring to is absolutely the same one as mine.

I was actually referring to the 'other' RK VB though - this one is clearly different (see below).

Regards,
                      John
                      Which one is the fake ? or did he get 2 ???????????? if so why ??????

Comment

Hi Tom,

I can tell you for certain the one I just picked up from Emedals is the real deal.

The other - "From the small sized photo in the thread it appears not to be typed on the Führerschreibmaschine, which would be a very bad sign. Yes, there are originals of the 2nd format RK VB that do not use this typeset, however all the RK VB's I've studied from April 1945 where done on the Führerschreibmaschine - to include Otto Neuman's done on the very same day of 10 April."

Best,
                        John

Comment

Ah, now i get it. That one is a competant effort but if i had to chose it'd be John's every time.
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon - obivously I agree too.

I am really curious about the other documents that were supposedly sold part of the group to inlcude the DK VB, IAB, etc. Where did these go? How did an original RK VB get separated?

Best,
                            John

Comment

Circling back...Does anyone know more on the other Kornprobst documents or perhaps have better scans of the ones from Manions?

Many Thanks,
                              John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X