Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Document Grouping 7./Panzer Regiment 15

Hello guys,

I bought this three document grouping over the past weekend at the SOS. The guy was an Unteroffizier and wounded in August of 1942 while serving with 7./Panzer Regiment 15 in the east. The document is signed by the chief doctor of Reserve-Lazarette I in Amberg.
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Well over a year later, the guy is still at Reserve-Lazarette I Amberg (apparently still convalescing from his wound of August 1942. He was awarded his East Medal in December of 1943 (back-dated to November 1942) and his rank is now Leutnant. The document is signed by a Hauptmann and Officer/Inspector of Training and Operations. The eagle ink stamp is Reserve-Lazarette I in Amberg.
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

In February of 1944, he is awarded the War Merit Cross Second Class while stationed at Standort Schweinfurt. His rank is Leutnant and he is assigned to Panzer-Ersatz-Abteilung 35. I think it's a really neat document because it is only signed by a Hauptmann (which I believe is very unusual for a KVK2X). The eagle ink stamp is of the Standortältester in Schweinfurt and the signature is of a Hauptmann and LS.-Bereichsleiter.

Does anyone know what the LS.-Bereichsleiter is? I'm thinking it's an air-defense (Luftschutz) district leader but I'm not sure. I would appreciate some assistance with this if someone knows for sure.

Thank you & best regards,
      Tom
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

You're pretty much spot on, air raid protection district leader. Seems like his wound in '42 was serious enough so that he wasn't fit enough for frontline duty again

It could well be the KVKII was for help during the raids on the city during the 24th and night of 24th\25th Feb.
        Last edited by Simon O.; 03-03-2014, 03:23 PM.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
          You're pretty much spot on, air raid protection district leader. Seems like his wound in '42 was serious enough so that he wasn't fit enough for frontline duty again

It could well be the KVKII was for help during the raids on the city during the 24th and night of 24th\25th Feb.
          Hello Simon,

Thank you very much for your insight and expertise. I appreciate the information.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Nice documents Tom and great insight Simon!

Thank you, Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
            X