Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Call for Submissions - Knight's Cross Documents Book

To my fellow colleagues,

I have been working in earnest on my first book which will cover the topic of Knight's Cross documents. Much has been written about this coveted award, though the vast majority has focused on the medal itself. My hope is that this book will fill a void in the collecting historiography.

I am looking for collectors who are willing to contribute material for the book. This volume will focus on the Army Infantry/Grenadier solider. I will be looking for quality examples of Formal and Preliminary Knight's Cross documents, KC document groups, Soldbücher/Wehrpäße, portraits, etc. If you are willing to share scans of your Infantry KC related documents, please contact me via PM here to discuss further.

I have been very fortunate to receive the help of many collectors who are members of this forum, as well as other collectors and dealers. For that I am very thankful. However, there is still much material that I need before the book will suitable for publication. Thank you to all who have assisted me already and thank you in advance to those who choose to do so.

Kind Regards,
    John Donovan
    Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 02-04-2014, 08:05 PM.

John,

Firstly, I wish you the best of luck with this project.

RKT SB and doc groupings are out of my league, but I have some portraits that may be of use. Are you looking for portraits of specific RKT – those for which you have documents – or all infantry RKT?

Good luck!
    Jason

Comment

Thank you Jason!

Portraits would certainly be helpful. At the moment I am considering any Infantry RKT documentation. As I continue to gather material the chapters will take a definite shape and then I will have more finely-tuned requests/needs. Right now, I'm just taking it all as it comes in.

Generally speaking, I am looking for quality material from RKT where a photo exists, as well as the information on their RK deed. I'm also aiming for material more related to the major battles.

All that said, I am still considering one of two scenarios - one, this book will remain Infantry focused and I will do follow up volumes on other arms of service (Panzer, Artillerie, etc.) or two, I will end up using all of the Army arms of service. So I would still welcome non-Infantry RK material as well.

Best Regards,
      John D.

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
        To my fellow colleagues,

I have been working in earnest on my first book which will cover the topic of Knight's Cross documents.
        Kind Regards,
        John Donovan
        Hi John,

Are you still working on your book?

Thanks,
        Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

Certainly!

I'm still gathering material and researching. I don't have a time frame yet for publication. Basically, I am not rushing the project as I want the finished product to be as good as possible.

Kind Regards,
          John

Comment

If I may add a suggestion, one small flaw I have seen in some books is nothing being said about copies. I would love a book like this but IMO the subject of fake award docs and a basic overview on what to look for would be icing on the cake.

Comment

Hi Robert,

Certainly!

I'm still gathering material and researching. I don't have a time frame yet for publication. Basically, I am not rushing the project as I want the finished product to be as good as possible.

Kind Regards,
              John
              Thank you!

Comment

Hi Robert,

Certainly!

Kind Regards,
                John
                Looking forward to this excellent project!

Comment

Hi,
                  I have a Karl Koppenwallner photo album some nice high quality shots in it.

Comment

Gentleman,

My apologies for the delay responding to this thread. I was travelling out of the country and only just returned.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

@Bcarver - you bring up an interesting point. I have gone back and forth on this, however I am leaning towards not including a 'fakes' chapter. For me this is a book about original RK documents and the history behind them, so along that vain I feel inclusion of fake material takes away from the intended focus. I am also of the opinion the best way to protect one's self from fakes is to learn from the originals. Study the originals and not the fakes. Thank you for your suggestion though, I will continue to consider...

@Merdock - thank you kindly for the offer, sent you a PM.

I would like to thank all the members here who have generously contributed already. I would also like to add that I still need more material - really there's never enough. The more I have to choose from, the better the final product. Early material from 1940-1941 is especially sought after, as well as "Western Front" from 1944-45.

Best Regards,
                    John

Comment

Hi John

contact me i have a small KC Soldbuch with documents how newspaper etc...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X