Pre 1934 Uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre 1934 Uniform?

Can this photo be taken before 17 February 1934 since they don't have breast eagles on their uniforms but only on the visor cap?

There might be some useful information on the back, maybe German speaking members can help.

Warmest,
    Tan
    Attached Files

The eagle was introduced for wear on the cap in February 1934, and the wreath is the very early model too which was replaced in March 1935. That may give some help too dating it.

Also the guy a the front looks to still be wear a kratchen, not sure when they officially went out but would assume it couldn't be much later than mid 34?

Well that's as helpful as I can be.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on the tunic worn by the guy on the left!

Comment

Thank you JC
      This is more than I can ask for. Yes that tunic is a great combination of both world wars, seems very transitional to me...

Tan

Originally posted by JC ESQ. View Post
      The eagle was introduced for wear on the cap in February 1934, and the wreath is the very early model too which was replaced in March 1935. That may give some help too dating it.

Also the guy a the front looks to still be wear a kratchen, not sure when they officially went out but would assume it couldn't be much later than mid 34?

Well that's as helpful as I can be.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on the tunic worn by the guy on the left!

Comment

I like the field gray shoulder straps with the rounded ends.

Comment

I have found one more photo of this early uniform form the same family lot.

Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X