Dietrich/Meyer Postcard Information Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dietrich/Meyer Postcard Information Please

I have these two postcards that I wold like to sell on the Estand ASAP......but I have no idea of their value????

Can someone please supply a "range of price" for these two cards as I do not want to price them above or below the true market value.

Your help with this matter will be much appreciated.

Thank you and Happy New Year to All
    Vilja
    Attached Files

The one postcard you show whose reverse side is marked with Hoffmann and NO card number is a postwar reprint from the 1970's and is worth no more than a space filler.

The other card is a genuine period produced card and worth anywhere from 50-100USD. Genuine SS postcards can fetch crazy money from militaria collectors that could well exceed the value range noted.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ramon

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post
      The one postcard you show whose reverse side is marked with Hoffmann and NO card number is a postwar reprint from the 1970's and is worth no more than a space filler.

The other card is a genuine period produced card and worth anywhere from 50-100USD. Genuine SS postcards can fetch crazy money from militaria collectors that could well exceed the value range noted.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ramon
      Yes I agree ! Tom

Comment

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ramon

Thank you both (Ramon and Tom) for your value added input....and it most certainly helps

The reproduction card (Dietrich) from the '70s is obviously nicely aged and does not glow under black light, but you can see that the reverse of this card is weak compared to the other original (Meyer) card.
        I am sure the front of the Dietrich card is also lacking in detail to the original.

I will now try to sell the Meyer card for $75.00 and throw in the Dietrich card for free and see what happens.....at least now I have a better understanding of the two cards and their value.

Thank you again,
        Vilja

Comment

Hello Vilja,

To confirm what I said, The unnumbered card, Meyer, is the bad card while the Dietrich card, nr 187a, is the good period card.

Cheers,

Ramon

Comment

Hello Vilja,

To confirm what I said, The unnumbered card, Meyer, is the bad card while the Dietrich card, nr 187a, is the good period card.

Cheers,

Ramon
            Thank you!
            I sure made a mess of the listing and hopefully someone will delete it ASAP.
            I read your comment entirely backwards to what you had stated….and I didn't have one drink last night either!

I have to laugh at myself at times

Happy New Year,
            Vilja

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X