Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Portraits--Any of the Same Man?

Fellow Collectors:

Please look at these 15 faces cropped from Kriegsmarine portraits...I think some of them are of the same men. I am not sure if they are the same or not, but if you have an opinion, please post it. I am trying to piece together this huge puzzle and put names to faces and fill in the blanks.

I've looked over these so many times that I think my judgment is clouded by trying to "match" some of these photos to named sailors.

Your opinions are greatly welcome!

Thanks!

Joe
    Attached Files

3 and 4 are the same man. 13 and 14 also show the same man - he might also be 2 as well.

Comment

Hi,
      thats difficult.
      I would say 3 and 4.
      And than no. 2 and 13.
      I am nearly sure I saw some of them. Are they out of books ?

Regards
      Christian

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! This is great feedback!

I too thought numbers 3 and 4 were the same man too. If they are the same man, then I now have the identity of a previously unknown sailor in my archives. The badges match as do the trade patches.

I an at about 95%+ that these two are the same sailor.

Thanks for you help on these two!

Joe
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are numbers 2 and 13 and I also thought that maybe these two men were the same. Hopefully, the full pictures will provide additional details to confirm.

Joe
          Attached Files

Comment

I've also attached two other photos of sailor #13, I have a series from his wedding with a few different poses. I cannot see his trade badge in any of the photos.

However PIW posted that the sailor in 13 and 14 may be the same. If they are, then I have solved some more data gaps in my archive. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Christian: I've posted a few of these previously and given permission for a couple to be published in books, so you may have seen the faces before.

Joe
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
              in my opinion No. 14 is a different person.
              Have a look at his ear. Its different shape and comes at No. 14 much more "forward".
              Do not laugh, but police forces are using shapes and angel of ears very much for identification. Seems that they are an "unique" sign.
              2 and 13 are is the same man. Thats what I think.
              Regards
              Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X