Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Document for J.R.16 from May 1940 for review

Hello Gentlemen,
    A friend wanted me to post this EK2 document for review before I list it on the e-stand. It is a nice early document from May 1940 for the Infantry Regiment 16's action in Holland as part of the Wehrmacht's Luftlande Division. It has the original signature of the regimental commander Oberst Hans Kreysing, who went on to become a General der Gebirgstruppe and a Swords winner.
    Thank you,
    Curtiss
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

It's always best to be very hesitant with EK docs awarded below Division level. In this case, however, the document is legitimate as 22. Luftlande-Infanterie-Division was deployed in piecemeal fashion in support of the FJ who were generally part of the first wave of attacks. I./IR16 initially landed at Waalhaven. These documents are excellent early examples of the awarding of the 1939 Iron Cross Second Class. I have one from IR47 for the attack on Valkenberg.

What is the AB that appears above the signature? It is on the document itself?

Comment

Hi Brian,
            Thank you for your comments.
            Yes, the "A.B." are written on the document in the same manner and ink as the text which is hand written in to fill out the document. What it means, I have no idea. Maybe someone else has seen something like this before?
            Thank you,
            Curtiss

Comment

It's a nice doc, but if you post on e-stand you'll get an infraction. You aren't allowed to sell items for friends.

Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi Hank,
                Thank you for your reply. I may have not expressed myself well. It is my document, but a friend who is interested in buying it, wanted me to post it for review. I would list it on the e-stand after review here.
                Thank you,
                Curtiss

Comment

Originally posted by nonameno View Post
                  Hi Hank,
                  Thank you for your reply. I may have not expressed myself well. It is my document, but a friend who is interested in buying it, wanted me to post it for review. I would list it on the e-stand after review here.
                  Thank you,
                  Curtiss
                  Oh...but if you get a good review here, you don't really need to post it on e-stand then.

Correct?

best
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

...the "A.B." are written on the document in the same manner and ink as the text which is hand written in to fill out the document. What it means, I have no idea. Maybe someone else has seen something like this before?
                    Hello Curtiss,

A nice award document you have there, the new owner will be pleased with it. Many award documents have the term "im Auftrag" or "i.A." ("on behalf of" or "by order") above the name of the signature. I have not yet seen "A.B." before but something tells me this means "Auftragsbestätigung". Thus meaning its someone who conforms the order or in this case, confirming the award document.

Best,
                    Laurens

Comment

Hello Hank,
                      Yes, that is true.

Thank you Laurens for that insight into the A.B. question.

Best wishes,
                      Curtiss

Comment

For reference, my Urkunde to the same unit, although another Kompanie.

Maurice
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, the "A.B." are written on the document in the same manner and ink as the text which is hand written in to fill out the document. What it means, I have no idea. Maybe someone else has seen something like this before?
                          Hello Curtiss,

Nice document. I think the A.B. notation stands for "auf Befehl". It means the same as "im Auftrage" (by order of).

Best regards,
                          Tom
                          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice View Post
                            For reference, my Urkunde to the same unit, although another Kompanie.

Maurice
                            Hi Maurice,

Super nice document.

Best regards,
                            Tom
                            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X