No announcement yet.

EK2 Award Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was way overpriced in 2008 and hasn't budged an inch. It has to be said as well that he jacks up the price of award docs based on signatures, something which most other dealers don't do to anywhere near the degree he does. From what I've seen a half to a third of what he's asking for docs is about right.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
      Seriously? Where have you seen von Weichs signed award documents going for that?

Even taking into consideration that Huesken is overpriced....

http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/autog...chs-63824.html

What would you pay for it then Simon!! Im curious,Huesken is in cloud cuckooland.

Ross

Comment

I would pay only 80 euros, but I guess if you were a collector of rare signatures you would pay more, but when you go to sell it and bought it for what Huseken is selling it for you would not get your money back, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Volksgrenadier 44 View Post
          What would you pay for it then Simon!! Im curious,Huesken is in cloud cuckooland.

Ross
          Like I said Huesken is overpriced, but the point is even a bog standard EKII doc goes for around 60-80 euros. This one has a desirable signature to a field marshal and oakleaves holder, so anywhere between 80 and 140 euros is reasonable for someone who is on the look out for a von Weichs signature
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

More likely 150-200 Euro.
            The signatures makes the value on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              More likely 150-200 Euro.
              The signatures makes the value on this.
              Realy! Did you sell/buy one for that with Von Weichs Sig on! Im just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                Like I said Huesken is overpriced, but the point is even a bog standard EKII doc goes for around 60-80 euros. This one has a desirable signature to a field marshal and oakleaves holder, so anywhere between 80 and 140 euros is reasonable for someone who is on the look out for a von Weichs signature

Whilst i take your point on the fact that Von Weichs was a FM I just dont think an EKii Award Citation even with his Sig on commands that! Just my opinion.

Also im doing something wrong as i sold 2 Ekii Award Citations recently,A bulk standard Kriegsmarine one for 35 quid and a Heer one for 40

Ross

Comment

Don't listen to those of us that actually collect award docs, if you're happy with getting 35-40 euros for your stuff then that's all that matters, I know your buyers will be.

Comment

Simon you seem to be offended by my comments! Of course i wasnt happy with the amount i recieved for them but in the case of the Kriegsmarine citation i got back exactly the amount i paid!
                    There is a group of 3 docs to the same guy currently on the Estand,It cosists of the EKii/SWB/BWB (EK Signed by Generalleutent Studnitz and with an example picture thrown in)They are mint,no punch holes no creases no stains and the Gentleman was looking for 185eu to start with,he now has them at 145eu for the set and still they have not sold!

Im aware he is not a FM like Von Weichs but i think you said a "run of the mill EKii Award citation is worth around 60-80eu)

I am not a Doc collector,I collec EKs however im very fond of EK citaions so naturally im interested in what the different ones fetch! I DO NOT have your knowledge of them nor the knowledge of the other lads who have commented but the facts are docs are not fetching anywhere near what they did 5 yrs ago.

This is an opinion however and PLEASE dont take offence.

Ross

Comment

I'm not offended at all, I know very well a lot of docs aren't selling but it all depends on the unit, signature and what it's for. The reason I chimed in was because you were passing on bad advice on value, an EKII doc can be worth anything from what yours sold for up to a 4 figure euro sum and condition doesn't really play a part to a collector focused on a particular theme.

You only had your up for a few days before dropping your price, you were selling very common items so to get a quick sale that was the way to do it, that they sold as soon as you went that low also indicates that it was the price rather than the item that attracted a quick sale.

I had to pay over 200 euros for a KVK 1 m\S doc a couple of months back, overpriced, but the unit is unique and I'm unlikely to find another again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X