General's Portrait - Who is he?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General's Portrait - Who is he?

Gentlemen, I was recently lucky enough to acquire this painting of what appears to be a Generalmajor (it is hard to tell the rank based on the style of the artist). I am leaning toward generalmajor because there do not seem to be any pips on the board.

I was wondering if anyone recognizes him or can help with identifying him based on the awards and ribbons. The painting is dated 1942, which should help narrow it down. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Anyone?

Perhaps someone may have a rank list from 1942?

Comment

Could someone kindly suggest some methods by which I could narrow it down?

Comment

It's going to be a bit hit and miss as there are many photos missing but you could try trawling through the ABR

http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/

you could also try posting on the axis history forum.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I think he resembles Walter Warlimont a bit, but whether he has the same decorations, I don't know.
          Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
            I think he resembles Walter Warlimont a bit, but whether he has the same decorations, I don't know.
            Max.
            Interesting point, thank you Max!! I agree that this could in fact be Warlimont - the facial features are extremely close. Also, he was a Generalmajor in the beginning of 1942.

@Simon - thank you very much for that resource, I had not been there before!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X