Assistance with writing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance with writing....

Would anyone possibly be able to decipher the writing (1KAL, 1RHL, SlgII, etc) on the spines of these binders ???

Thankx...

"Hundestaffel"
    Attached Files

This might be a silly question, but what sort of material is in each binder?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post

Br. James
      I'm guessing this is a period photo (detail/enlargement) and the contents aren't availabLe.

Best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post

Br. James

"Hunde staffel"

Comment

could mean anything might even be a picture taken postwar

Comment

Originally posted by beufighter View Post
            could mean anything might even be a picture taken postwar
            What I posted is a cropped section of a Second World War taken and printed photo (it's not just a picture of the reading material in my toilet )...the writing meaning something - not anything.

Two strikes so far............

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Thanks for your gentle response, Hank! As I originally alluded to Hundestaffel, I was assuming that the photo was currently made; it didn't even occur to me that it might have been a period piece! "Silly" indeed!!

Br. James

Comment

One abbreviation " RHL " could mean "Reederei Hamburg Lloyd " which would be a ship company.

But there are also better ways to read this abbreviantion I think.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
                  What I posted is a cropped section of a Second World War taken and printed photo (it's not just a picture of the reading material in my toilet )...the writing meaning something - not anything.

Two strikes so far............

"Hundestaffel"
                  Well, it's surely a challenge! Show us the whole pic....Maybe - just maybe - there are more clues on the desk, the wall, heck even the furniture?

best,
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

The 5th vertical binder from left looks like it could be RGBL....Reichsgesetzblatt. Definitely a possibility, I believe.

Hank
                    Last edited by Hank C.; 10-17-2013, 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling....silly me!

Comment

'Leitz'.

Nailed it ! (Joking

I have no idea what the abbreviations are. They mostly seem to be 1942 year records of one sort or another. So the picture is possibly 1943 era. 'Reichsgesetzblatt' as Hank mentioned above seems a good possibility.

There also appears to be a War map on the wall behind the binders so I am presuming there is a military context to the photo ?

Comment

The horizontal left I read "V.O.Bl." - Verordnungsblatt...

Gerdan

Comment

The photo is of a Russian Girl (probably not a Hiwi - just a bilingual local trying to get by) sitting in front of a German typewriter in an office atmosphere, surrounded by those binders, other papers / booklets and German (metal) stamp pads / wooden stampers (oh - and an ashtray full of butts !!! )

*** Love that "Leitz" ad Helden !!!

"Hundestaffel"
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Hundestaffel; 10-18-2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X