Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kennkarte Question.

Hi Gents,

I wonder if any members here can advise me on different issues of German TR period Kennkarte?
    Mostly collecting civil and political TR paperwork, I have several of the pale grey "oilcloth" Kennkarte in my collection.
    I have recently seen a cardstock issue dated late 1944, which has been described as a "rare late war issue Kennkarte".
    I have never come across one of these items before, and would like to ask members here:-
    a) Are there original "late war" issues?
    b) Are they really "rare" as I have been informed?
    c) Could a fellow member please show any examples of these Kennkarte so I can compare to the item I am considering buying!
    Thanking anyone for any information at all on these "late war" issues,

Best wishes,

John.

John,
    The third one Gerdan shows is the late war Kennkarte you are wondering about. As you can see, they were issued. There is also a similar Kennkarte with a diagonal red stripe on the cover for Poles and a green stripe for ones issued in Slovenia and there may be others with a different colored stripe. Plus there is a grey tri-fold Kennkarte issued in the Generalgouvernment for Poles and a blue one issued to Ukranians.
    Jeff

Comment

Hi Gerdan and JUNGCO,

Many thanks for your valuable help and information, which is very much appreciated.
      The third image on Gerdan's list is the issue I have shown an interest in.
      I knew nothing at all about the other issues of Kennkarte JUNGCO!
      What a pity that there is no comprehensive reference books about civil and political paperwork - although the book would have to be VERY large
      Thanks again for all your help and knowledge,

Very best regards,

John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X