EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of a kind original US Signal Corp Photos of Herman Goering and son surrending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of a kind original US Signal Corp Photos of Herman Goering and son surrending

I have been going through my collection and stuff I had stored away I am starting to bring out to let go and make room for new stuff. I have two photos that are original US Army Signal Corp photos from Goering surrendering officially with his son. These are not press photos nor are the copies of the original. I have not been able to find a copy anywhere else. They are stamped on the back from the signal corp. When I bought this I never though of letting them go but with a baby on the way and a Mercedes needing costly repairs I may have too. I was hoping our photo experts could take a look and see if they could place a value on these then perhaps I would move them to the E-Stand.

I got them from an Army Veteran who obtained them from Lt. Col. Erling J. Foss, the Division Signal Officer from his personal collection.

Thank you so much!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Knight_ridergta; 10-04-2013, 10:02 AM. Reason: More info

The US National Archives (NARA) holds the negatives for these photos, and copies of the photos are available to scan for free. (I've scanned the exact pictures myself.)
    There is a small fee to have copies of the negatives made into a paper copy.

FYI - Goering did not have a son.

Regards,
    Last edited by mjfur; 10-04-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Very interesting! So what I have here I guess is the units copy as it has signatures and stamps on the back.

Originally posted by mjfur View Post
      The US National Archives (NARA) holds the negatives for these photos, and copies of the photos are available to scan for free. (I've scanned the exact pictures myself.)
      There is a small fee to have copies of the negatives made into a paper copy.

FYI - That is not Georing's son.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ridergta View Post
        Very interesting! So what I have here I guess is the units copy as it has signatures and stamps on the back.
        I'll post my pics tonight.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks

Originally posted by mjfur View Post
          I'll post my pics tonight.

Comment

Here's a couple from the sequence that I scanned at NARA.

Comment

Very nice! Here are the backs of mine
              Attached Files

Comment

The one next to Göring is Oberst Bernd von Brauchitsch (1911 - 1974), his personal aide and adjutant.

Regards,
                Sepp.

Comment

At the time of Reichsmarschall Göring's surrender, his only child -- his daughter Edda -- was a month away from her seventh birthday. I believe she is still alive today, at age 75.

Br. James

Comment

Very interesting photos that I had not seen before. I particularly like the one of Goering removing his awards himself ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X