This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original himmler autograph ?????

I bought this photograph, at a Gun Show, for about $5.00. It was in a frame. A few years later, I took it apart and found this HIMMLER autograph on the backside. The cardboard is glued to the back of the photo.
    I can just imagine some small Hitler Youth boy, asking Himmler to sign it for him.
    What do you think of this ?
    MIKE
    Attached Files

autograph

Ridiculous and misspelled.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      Ridiculous and misspelled.
      im have the same opinion.

Comment

Himmler autograph

I'm curious - What is misspelled ?
        I'm thinking that if anybody wanted to fake this, they surely would not make a mistake in their spelling.
        And do this for $5.00 ?
        MIKE

Comment

I guess the one with two "M"s in the signature (Himmler) sells for $10.00 whereas this one with only one "M" sold for $5.00.

Cheers,
          Vilja

Comment

Sorry Mike, this stands absolutely no chance of being genuine. If you study genuine examples you will see why, the differences are patent.

Comment

Hi Mike Here is an original for comparison
              Attached Files

Comment

I agree...NOT his signature. NOT even close ! Tom

Comment

Himmler autograph

I saw the differences in the signatures, of course.
                  The official signatures, were, more than likely done at a nice desk.
                  I'm thinking that Himmler signed the flimsy photo, in one hand and signed it with the other, in a very quick manner. He might have been wearing gloves or holding items, in his hands, at the same time.
                  If this signature was on a document, we would all know it was bogus.
                  The way in which it was discovered, makes me think that it has to be real.
                  I will swear to my story on how it was found. I had it for five or six years, before I discovered that I had it.
                  MIKE

Comment

What's that second word in the inscription, "leiben"... "leiber"... "leibe"? Either way, a clear indication that this was absolutely not signed by a native speaker of German. It has zero chance whatsoever of being an original. I am absolutely certain that Himmler knew how to correctly spell this incredibly common everyday word. This example looks like it was done by someone as a gag or joke.

Comment

Original Himmler Autograph ?????

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                      What's that second word in the inscription, "leiben"... "leiber"... "leibe"? Either way, a clear indication that this was absolutely not signed by a native speaker of German. It has zero chance whatsoever of being an original. I am absolutely certain that Himmler knew how to correctly spell this incredibly common everyday word. This example looks like it was done by someone as a gag or joke.
                      Chris ....................
                      Try signing a flimsy check with one hand, while holding it in the other, in the middle of an excited crowd.
                      Your bank would, probably, bounce it, as being "fake".
                      I know - I know - banks don't even look at signatures, anymore, but you get my drift.
                      MIKE

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                        Agreed Chris. It says "Meine Leibe" and should say "Meine Liebe". to me that means this was written by an English speaker since the "ei' 'ie" thing is something they always have problems with. Just have a look at how many times Kriegsmarine is spelled Kreigsmarine in the forum.

Curt

Comment

Originally posted by mikeburch View Post
                          Chris ....................
                          Try signing a flimsy check with one hand, while holding it in the other, in the middle of an excited crowd.
                          Your bank would, probably, bounce it, as being "fake".
                          I know - I know - banks don't even look at signatures, anymore, but you get my drift.
                          MIKE
                          Mike, the writing might look rushed and shaky but I sure wouldn't totally misspell a common, ordinary word I use every day. As mentioned above, this error leaves me with no doubt this crude fake was done by an English speaker.

Comment

You guys think you are soooooooo clever. Everyone always thinks they know better, and come along with opinions... based on nothing....even if not holding it in their hands......

Of course the signature is orignal....

... only, its Harry Hamlin, not Heinrich Himmler....

Comment

Original HIMMLER Aotograph

OK, it does look like it could be misspelled.
                              Was HIMMLER dyslexic ?
                              MIKE

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X