KIA group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KIA group

Hey guys. Wasn't sure where else to post this, hope this is the place. Just wanted some opinions on the originality of this group. I acquired it awhile ago off site. The wife is very uncomfortable with it. She has been great with my hobby except for this piece so I will respect that.

Not my area at all so I would like to get the WAF Ya or Nay before I pass it on to another collector. The Narvik was supposedly "sold off"?

Not looking for a valuation, usually start with what I paid....then go down from there

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

All looks good to me, but there is a small mystery. According to Volksbund, he was killed 8 July 1941 in England! Must have been in the Luftwaffe. Currently buried in Cannock Chase:

Artur Kapfhamer
            Artur Kapfhamer ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Cannock Chase.
            Endgrablage: Block 9 Reihe 1 Grab 3
            Nähere Informationen zu diesem Friedhof erhalten Sie hier.
            Name und die persönlichen Daten des Obengenannten sind auch im Gedenkbuch der Kriegsgräberstätte verzeichnet. Sie können gern einen Auszug bei uns bestellen.
            Bitte beachten Sie, dass auf einigen Friedhöfen nicht die aktuelle Version ausliegt, somit kann der Name Ihres Angehörigen darin evtl. noch nicht verzeichnet sein.
            Nachname:Kapfhamer
            Vorname:Artur
            Dienstgrad:Oberfeldwebel
            Geburtsdatum:29.09.1912
            Geburtsort:Aichach
            Todes-/Vermisstendatum:08.07.1941
            Todes-/Vermisstenort: England
            How were his belongings recovered and sent back to Germany?

Can I ask why your wife is very uncomfortable with this grouping? I'm curious, that's all.

Jason

Comment

Found this:
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow, thanks Jason!!! I was told it was sent back to Germany?

"These items were send by the "enemystate" England to the Wehrmacht Inquiry Department". Not sure where that information came from?

The wife. Well she is one of those people who believe that "energy" can be left in/on items coming from someones death?!?!? Like I say, she has never said a word until I showed her this mini collection. Then I got the cold shoulder. Guess I won't let her in on the fact I have a red stained Kreta cuff

Thanks for the help Jason, very, very much appreciated!!!!!

Comment

Very nice and touching Group. It is the 2nd time I see such a group from KIA LW-Personal over England, sent back to german Authorities by the Red Cross.

Another Point ! My Wife would react exactly like Ralfnarts one !! That the Reason why I avoid showing her some special Items (and Photos...) from my collection.... Regards. Lionel.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X