AH Signature Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH Signature Question

Hey guys, Im have a AH clipping that im going to list on estand. I got it from a verty notable member here on AH signatures. I had it framed with a high resolution scan photo. I simply wanted to have it discussed before listing it.

There is a watermark on the paper when held up to the light as it should but i do not have a photo of that. I suppose I could unframe it and shoot a photo if the buyer is interested in clipping only.

Thank you for any help, advice, and opinions given

Cheers,

hdmarley
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hdmarley; 10-01-2013, 03:37 PM.

Ah

Attached Files

Comment

Ah

Attached Files

Comment

Ah

Anyone??

Comment

I like it

Greg

Comment

Hi Hdmarley,

A very nice and impressive display piece...though clipped signatures are a no-no in the autograph market. From the pix shown it is not possible for me to tell any depth on this signature; from what I can see, it could be from a printed piece.

Br. James

Comment

Hi Br. James.. I have it in hand as of today and its without a doubt an original signature and not a print, its hard to tell from these internet pics but in hand and with a loop you can see.

Best
              Greg

Comment

I would have to agree with Br. James... clipped signatures are just to risky. It leave out a very important component of authentication IMO.

Just my two pennies.

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim,,I agree,clippings are tough to authenticate, complete doc is best.

Greg

Comment

Thanks for your input, Greg. First-hand inspection, especially of autographs, is so important. It is often impossible to obtain an objective view of a piece on screen.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Didn't see this thread before now. As also said over at the headgear forum by a wise man, "i wouldn't touch this with someone else's bargepole".

First of all, it is a cut off, which normally is a no no. Then there is the signature itself, which really lacks everything i would like to see in a real one.

Comment

This is a tough one. I would never spend on a clipped sig. Very difficult to authenticate and even more difficult to sell. IMO Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Jon. H View Post
                          Didn't see this thread before now. As also said over at the headgear forum by a wise man, "i wouldn't touch this with someone else's bargepole".

First of all, it is a cut off, which normally is a no no. Then there is the signature itself, which really lacks everything i would like to see in a real one.
                          After comparing it to a few other examples, i will withdraw my opinion. I believe i was to quick on it, the signature itself stands a good chance IMO.

Although as always, buying a Hitler signature actually signed by the man is a huge minefield, when buying a clipped signature, there is ten times the amount of mines, if not more.

Comment

I also think this signature is written by hand , but I would check the threads on AH signatures and compare to different times in his life he signed things for comparison, as his signature changed as time went by ....I am not eluding to whether it is an actual Hitler signature or just a forgery, that's something you will have to pay a signature expert to find out, that way you get professional correct opinions where money is concerned , and can be sure you are getting the real deal........that is why clipped signatures have this problem .....I do not value any signatures very highly when cut off documents.....although the work to matt and mount this is done well...so I say , regardless, as the others ..caveat emptor....and if you can find someone to just break even on what you paid , I hope you score a buyer .....I have several of his actual signatures.....one on a RK mappe .
                            Last edited by juoneen; 10-28-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X