Himmler awarding Sniper Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler awarding Sniper Badges

I am trying to find a larger and clearer version of this photo, or any other photos that are from this 1944 award ceremony.

I have tried searching online without any luck

Can anyone help at all?

thanks

I have seen this photo in several books. I believe one book says it's Himmler presenting the Gold CCC and not the sniper badge. Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom, I was hoping for a better photo to show what might be on the table in the background

Is it known who these soliders in the photo are?

Comment

Originally posted by German_Sniper View Post
        Thanks Tom, I was hoping for a better photo to show what might be on the table in the background

Is it known who these soliders in the photo are?
        I have no idea of the ID on the men in the pic ? I will look through my books to see if I can find this photo. I remember wondering the same questions myself. I do know Himmler did make many Gold CCC awards. I'll let you know what I find. Tom

Comment

trans

The bottom line states HH is presenting the sniper insignia. If it were the gold CCC would they not be wearing silver CCCs on their uniforms? Just an observation.

Comment

I notice all three have at least the silver grade of the WB.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
              The bottom line states HH is presenting the sniper insignia. If it were the gold CCC would they not be wearing silver CCCs on their uniforms? Just an observation.
              They could have removed them in preperation for receiving the gold clasp but I don't think that is the case as the two soldiers on the left haven't even received their respective combat badges yet.

Comment

I can tell you that this photograph was taken in the salon car conference compartment of Himmler's Sonderzug "Steiermark."
                Max.

Comment

As a side note, would snipers have been awarded the close combat clasp?

I have looked at my collection of sniper photos and most don't wear any awards in the field (which would make sense) or they are wearing EK2, EK1, WB or IAB

Comment

Of course they would
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X