1940, Army General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1940, Army General

Can any of the knowledgeable Army collector/researchers add a name to this image ?

Thanks,
    Mark C. Yerger
    Attached Files

Hello Mark!

The general is Friedrich DOLLMANN.

Cheers,

Jaime.

Comment

Mark, I think I'm familiar with this series of photos. You can see the Czech Skoda howitzer in the background. The sequence shows Dollmann, as 7. Armee commander, inspecting SS-Artillerie Reg. Totenkopf around October 1940, when Friedrich Allihn still commanded the regiment. Priess and Stange appear in the photos too.

Comment

Many thanks for the help, part of a dozen images of his visit to "Totenkopf"

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
          Mark, I think I'm familiar with this series of photos. You can see the Czech Skoda howitzer in the background. The sequence shows Dollmann, as 7. Armee commander, inspecting SS-Artillerie Reg. Totenkopf around October 1940, when Friedrich Allihn still commanded the regiment. Priess and Stange appear in the photos too.
          Is this series of pictures in a book and if so in which? Many thanks in advance

Comment

I received the set in an exchange of photos with John Angolia many years ago. I used several in my book Soldiers of the Waffen-SS. I believe Mark used a few in his Waffen-SS Commanders set, in the biography for Martin Stange, and perhaps for Hermann Priess (I don't have the book at hand to check).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X