Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WP Group Question - Overvalued?

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to understand this one. I listed the following group on the Estand: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=690220

I originally bought this group a few years ago at $1000, when the market was a little higher, and at $650 I still haven't found a buyer. Am I missing something here? This has been one of my favorite non-RKT groups. The only reason I'm even selling it is I've decided to focus on RKT material only.

For me I see this as a real cool group with WP, award docs, a rare condonlence letter from one of the most well-known TR 'personalities'. I feel the HJ to WH historical connection to be very compelling.

Is it me? The market? Am I over valuing the group?

Thanks,
    John

Hi John.

I just want to give you my personal Opinion, as you requested. I have tried for dome weeks to sell a nice group with both EK's from a soldier, 200 $, no success !! But well, I got the group for free, so if I do not sell it, that's not a big deal...
    I had a serious Look to Your Group because I already own a complete Group (WP, all awards documents, awards and Schirmütze) from Major Hans Kleinkorres, who led a Bataillon of the I.R.431. To be honest, I am most probably one of the few Guys who cares about such a quite "unknown Unit"..... For me, unfortunately, this Group is not sooooo desirable because this Officer was KIA very soon during the russian campaign.... On the other side, you wrote it also, that a bad time for selling common Stuff.... An Officer WH with both EK'S KIA 1941, even with some good HJ Papers is common Stuff.... At the present time, if you get 400 euros for it, sell it.... I am not convinced that Prices for such groups will start agein.... Most collectors are fully "equipped" with common Stuff and bunch of them are nowadays only ready to pay for more "exciting" Stuff, excuse this term. Prices for good RK, DK'S, SS or Panzer SB's has not Fallen..... Note the market is exactly the same for Photos or Photoalbums. For the price of a very rare technical Pic , you can know By 3 or 4 Landser-album (even good captioned throughout) with average Content !!
    I wish you good success and hope you will get a good price for your group, which remains a very interesting group, with great historical Content. Kind regards. Lionel.

Comment

Hi John!

I'm with Lionel in case of Your - nice, but not exciting - grouping. I don't think, that You would get more than 300,- to 350,- Euro in Austria for such a grouping.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Thank you gentleman for your feedback.

I feel like I've a good handle on WP groups in general, I think what I'm having trouble with then is the von Shirach signed letter as it relates to value. I felt this added a significant historical aspect to the group and on a base level added a few hundred in value.

Is von Shirach's signature not considered rare?

Many Thanks,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
          Thank you gentleman for your feedback.

I feel like I've a good handle on WP groups in general, I think what I'm having trouble with then is the von Shirach signed letter as it relates to value. I felt this added a significant historical aspect to the group and on a base level added a few hundred in value.

Is von Shirach's signature not considered rare?

Many Thanks,
          John
          Hi John,

I am with the other guys. I had a look at your group more than once. It is nice but only at 300-400 euro. For the military collector it is not that exciting: no interesting awards no DKiG, no CCC or jackpot RK or for that matter any shields/TDB. The unit is not sought after and as mentioned the individual did not have a long military carreer. The only thing out of the ordinary is the Shirach letter but this will appeal mostly to political especially HJ collectors who are usually not so interested in military stuff. I value the Shirach letter alone at 80-100 euro. If you are fond of the group that is reason enough to keep it. In my experience it is better to collect and hold on to pieces that have special meaning to you than to collect a theme in your case KC groupings. I still long for stuff I let go, like my Infantry Knautchmuetze, in order to focuss exclusive on a theme. Once you sell stuff that is dear you are most likely not going to get it back.

Cheers, W

Comment

Hi Wilhelm,

Thank for your comments. It seems I was a little high then on the value of what von Shirach added to the group. I will probably just drop the group down to EUR 400 then.

I know what you mean about holding onto the things one finds most interesting. No worries on my end though. I very much enjoy the RK material I own and have the most fun researching there. Also, there is another aspect for me - I've got to pay for an upcoming wedding and stuff for a new baby. So I could definitely use all the extra cash I can get .

Best Regards,
            John

Comment

Hi John, I think it's a fine group ! When it comes to "paper" groups (and I know this is not new to you) It just takes finding the right buyer. I don't think your price is to high, just need to come to the attention of the right guy. Tom

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of items being offered for sale in all categories that are failing to find buyers at prices far below what would have been considered fair collector prices a couple of years ago. I have heard from a few people that with prices in free fall they are hesitant to make any serious purchases, preferring instead to wait and see what the new market value of this material really is. It really is a buyers market right now and the real value of much of this stuff is an unknown quantity at this time. John I like your group and I see a lot of value there, I hope you find a buyer soon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X