Large Nebelwerfer Unit Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Nebelwerfer Unit Photo

Just received this nice large unit photo today and thought you'd enjoy a couple of pics. Like Johnny R I'm a big fan of the Nebelwaffe and when I saw this I thought it was pretty special as any unit identified Nebel material is pretty scarce.

As you can see it's a unit photo of the 2/Nebel=Abteilung 2 taken in their home garrison of Bremen in 1938. Two things I love about it are the fact that it has the names of all the troops at the bottom and the Gefreiter on the bottom right is wearing the qualification patch for Nebel troops. Obviously I have not seen every pic out there, but am reasonably confident any pics of the patch in wear are very rare. Because of the interesting aspect the spec patch adds to this I've also posted it in the Heer Uniforms and Insignia Forum.

The pic itself measures 16 1/2" x 14 3/8" (42cm x 36.5cm). Only bummer is the slight tear at the bottom, but it doesn't obscure the names. Please forgive my crappy picture taking skills, in hand the pic is crystal clear.

If anybody has a prewar or early war item named to a guy in this unit and you'd like me to see if he's on here I'd be happy to do so and send you a close up of him.

Enjoy

Bob
    Attached Files

Close-up of the proficiency patch.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great photo Bob and pretty rare indeed! thanks for sharing!

Kevin

Comment

Wow very cool nice find

Comment

Thanks for the comments gentlemen

Comment

Nice Bob, I am not home but I think I have the same image and border from a large grouping of a NCO also framed.

Comment

Hi Bob, Hi, Johnny,

my friend in the bureau near told me that his grandfather was in a nebelwerfer unit. He said: "Die Bordauxroten". At this time 1938 he was als in Bremen.
              But he don´t knows the exact unit.

The name of his grandfather was Heinrich Möllmann, he was Schirrmeister. His rank was Feldwebel or Oberfeldwebel.

Maybe you will see his name at the picture?

Than he is very interesting in to get a good close-up !

Regards
              Boris

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              Nice Bob, I am not home but I think I have the same image and border from a large grouping of a NCO also framed.

Comment

I returned home and checked, I do not have that one. I have the 1st Battery for the same year and several other ones. This one has the Battalion Fahnentrager in it and an EM wearing a signal blitz below. These are hard to find indeed.
                Attached Files

Comment

That's a super photo John - thanks for posting it!

I like the fact that yours shows the SBS in wear

I'd like to see one of these for 3. Batterie from 1938 as I have a nice 2-year service document for a guy assigned to the unit at that time.

Thanks again for posting it.

Bob

Comment

Here's another one I just picked up for 1/Nebel=Abteilung 2. This gives me the 1st and 2nd Batteries. Does anybody have a line on 3d Batterie to complete the set?

This photo is taken one year earlier than Johnny's and many of the same guys appear in both. Sadly the Fahnentrager's shield is not visible in this pic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X