SS photos: insignia vs insignia images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS photos: insignia vs insignia images

Looking to knowledgeable collectors for assistance with a general idea about original photos (Waffen-SS). I see occasional SS portraits of unknown NCO or officer personnel.

What is the value range for period photos of known personalities (KC holders, division commanders, Honor Clasp recipients, etc) be it a portrait or clear image in the field ?

I ask because have numerous but all were given to me. Have found several of use for my GC series on a dealer site. As I have to buy them and eventually resell at some point, I have absolutely no clue so obviously don't want to grossly over pay. Of use, but non-essential if they are insanely over priced. Dealer sees the awards, but is clueless as to identity as are most dealers.

Sizes range from high quality 240 film contact print size to about 4x6 inches US.

Thanks for any input and/or advice,
    Mark C. Yerger
    Last edited by Mark C. Yerger; 09-14-2013, 11:51 AM.

anybody

100+ views and no opinion ??

Comment

Hello Mark.

Difficult to say without having a specific photo to discuss.

As I know you are aware, it will depend on the popularity (collecting wise) of the person or the award.

I can tell you that a couple of photos of Eicke, one with him wearing his knights cross in the field and one with him in the back of a kupelwagon smoking a cigar were sold by Michael73 for around 80 euros each. (I took to long organising money and they sold before I even made contact).

The single copy photos as opposed to several photos being produced of the same picture will always sell for more.

Regards,
      Chris.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X