Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone id this Ship?

Hello

got a 35mm Film where you can see a Battle ship passing by.
    The Film is from approx the mid 20s to 30s. I tried to take a good photo of this ship but it was filmed from a far distance and its hard to get a sharp photo of it.

maybe someone is able to id this Ship?
    Thanks alot
    Andreas
    Attached Files

I would say that it is one of the British Queen Elizabeth class battleships (QE, Warspite, Valiant, Barham & Malaya) with her Y turret hidden under an awning on her quarterdeck (hard to see if it is an awning from that image) and shown before the major upgrade the class underwent.

See the image here (of HMS Barham) and notice the small 'cluster' around the second funnel which you can also see in the image you show... http://www.hmsbarham.com/images/ship/ship36.jpg

And also notice the design of the bow is the same, and you can also see the secondary armament on her starboard side in your image which is also shown in the linked image, as well as the hull shape just under one of the after turrets.
    Last edited by hucks216; 09-13-2013, 02:22 PM. Reason: Link added

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      I would say that it is one of the British Queen Elizabeth class battleships (QE, Warspite, Valiant, Barham & Malaya) with her Y turret hidden under an awning on her quarterdeck (hard to see if it is an awning from that image) and shown before the major upgrade the class underwent.

See the image here (of HMS Barham) and notice the small 'cluster' around the second funnel which you can also see in the image you show... http://www.hmsbarham.com/images/ship/ship36.jpg

And also notice the design of the bow is the same, and you can also see the secondary armament on her starboard side in your image which is also shown in the linked image, as well as the hull shape just under one of the after turrets.

that is great Info I thank you very much for your help

Comment

It would be pre 1934 as by that time all four where re-fitted with only one funnel by then

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X