Ribbon bar identification + unknown arm sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon bar identification + unknown arm sign

Can anyone identify this ribbon bar? And what is the arm sign on his sleeve? Photo taken in 1942 (German Police in the Baltic).

ribbon bar and sleeve thingie.........

here's a link to help if you dont have it already.......

www.axisawards.homestead.com/ribbons.html

hope that helps.

Comment

looks like the ek 2nd class 1914, the kvk 2nd class with swords and the war merit medal (kvk 3rd class) as for the sleeve thing not sure as its 2 blurry!

hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by paddywhack
        looks like the ek 2nd class 1914, the kvk 2nd class with swords and the war merit medal (kvk 3rd class) as for the sleeve thing not sure as its 2 blurry!

hope this helps!
        It couldn't be the War Merit Medal, as that was a civilian decoration. My guess is that it might be a 10 year NSDAP long service ribbon.

Here's a photo of the ribbon not in the South German style, just visualize the above device on this ribbon...

The diamond shaped badge on the sleeve looks rather like the NSKK drivers qualification badge shown below, but I have no idea if this might have continued to be worn by a NSKK vet who ended up elsewhere in the armed services. I believe that the NSKK would have been considered a "uniformed party organization" for the purposes of qualifying for that particular long service medal.

--Chris

Comment

1) EK2 1914
          2) Most probably KVK2 with swords.
          3) Frontkämpfer AKA Hindenburg Cross. He must have had this, due to his EK 1914. Difficult to see whether with or w/o swords, though.

Regards
          Chris

Comment

Chris,

very nice ribbon bar. I don't remember seeing that one before.

Erich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X