• Show
Clear All

Kampfgruppe Reinefarth EK 2 doc

Hi!

Its original?

To me stempel is ok....

Thanks!

Strange looking Doc. ???

It is the strangest looking EK Doc. I've ever seen. Very odd looking IMO. I would be surprised if it were original. Tom

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with it, quite a common thing to see variations in document styles, all the other details look good to me even if the unit name isn't by the book correct.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

thanks!

What is "panzer grenadier bataillon 5" its bataillon from kampfgruppe?

Comment

http://lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Glie...Gliederung.htm
          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

any other picteres of docements signed Reinefarth?

Comment

If correct then this document most likely would be for the Warsaw uprising. Reinefarth received the Oakleaves for this action, or his involvement fighting around Wola.

I have a good book upstairs on Warsaw units...many of which can't be found by Googling!

Will check tomorrow.

The doc looks ok but not keen on the signature, however I do not have a signature to compare at the moment!

/Ian
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                ....edit...

The doc looks ok but not keen on the signature, however I do not have a signature to compare at the moment!

/Ian
                That's what I've been thinking the whole time....

best
                Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Wrong place to look Rick. This is Panzergrenadier Ausbildungs Btl. 5 http://lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Glie...fErsBat5-R.htm
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                    Wrong place to look Rick. This is Panzergrenadier Ausbildungs Btl. 5 http://lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Glie...fErsBat5-R.htm
                    but at doc written "panzergrenadier" not "ers" its ok?

Comment

any other opinions of it doc?

Comment

Originally posted by Freiwilliger View Post
                        but at doc written "panzergrenadier" not "ers" its ok?
                        It's not an uncommon thing. It really doesn't worry me, that the recipient was only a panzergrenadier is i think a good sign as we are talking of a unit made up for the most part of recruits.

Comment

As Simon has mentioned, it all falls into place for this document....just be nice to see another example of Reinefarth's signature!

Kampfgruppe Reinefarth was involved in the Wola Massacre in Warsaw, along with notorious Direlewanger Brigade!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wola_Massacre
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Reinefarth

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi !

Here is my doc for comparison. I posted the whole grouping (with Wehrpaß) some time ago here on the WAF.

Kind regards, Peter
                            Attached Files

Comment

Both together.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X