Tally-ho!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tally-ho!

I thought that these photos might raise a smile. The epitome of English country hunting dress next to TR uniform.
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

Sorry not an 'English' Riding coat. They traditionally all hunt coats have three buttons and where shorter and without the button up for the coat tails.

Judging by the crop, he has, and the tack on the horses in the background I think you are looking at a 'Dressage' rider.

Comment

It's not dressage, but what looks like the master of the hounds in traditional hunting pink ...this would be hunting to hounds.
      Could even be a scene from boxing day hunt..
      Last edited by woodie; 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

'master of the hounds in traditional hunting pink ...this would be hunting to hounds.'

Well that I very much doubt as hunting with hounds was banned (and still is) in the TR since 1934's 'Reichsjagdgesetz' that was one of 'der Dicke' lasting legacies.

Just look at the tack on the horses in the background not a 'hunting saddle in sight'

Comment

Could be German visitors at an English hunt or some other event in Britain. That blonde is quite stunning!

Comment

Hi,

There is footage of German Army officers riding in a fox hunt pre-war, round about the time of the British/German naval agreement.
            These photos look like stills from this event.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Hmm that was June 18, 1935, this would be a fall hunt or show (if it is a hunt) so I think the Uniforms are later than that, but I could be wrong

Comment

Certainly an interesting photo !!

Comment

Hi,

Certainly not hunting (to an English standard), 4 buttons would be a master of foxhounds, his ribbons appear to be up (hat) which would be down for a master, the buttons don't appear like any hunt buttons, the coat is thin and not very tidy or very well cut, also not of a hunting style (other than a covert coat), the whip is not a hunting whip, no boot garter straps.

So that's what it isn't. What it is, good question. Could be a German draghound pack, or more likely some other equestrian event.

Saying that - Great picture, never seen anything like it!

Tietze

Comment

Did they dress that way at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna?

Br. James

Comment

Would the pine tree sprig there both wearing have significence? or perhaps be representative of sometime around december, xmas period possibly.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X