Combat photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combat photo?

I find this photo very interesting and believe that it was taken during combat. The burning vehicle on the horizon suggests action is on-going, and the presence of captured Russian troops, one still wearing his steel helmet, I think adds to this view. The random scatter of Zis and Gaz trucks is also interesting, not neatly marshalled as one might expect in a peaceful environment. Has anyone any observations?
    Thanks,
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

interesting photo i don't think the russians are pows as some still have rifles on their backs and the the presence of a german pak cannon admist the gaz/zils i would say this was possibly taken when the russians and germans were friends maybe a join up in poland in '39

Comment

Hello beufighter,

I think the ones with rifles are Germans, the standing figure with his hands up looks Russian, as does the crouching, helmeted, figure to the left of him. That is my reading of the photo, although the poor quality of the photo does make it difficult.

Thanks for the observations,

Regards,

Kerry.

Comment

Sorry beufighter, I meant the figure to his left, to the right in the photo!

Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by kerryboo View Post
          Hello beufighter,

I think the ones with rifles are Germans, the standing figure with his hands up looks Russian, as does the crouching, helmeted, figure to the left of him. That is my reading of the photo, although the poor quality of the photo does make it difficult.

Thanks for the observations,

Regards,

Kerry.
          Hello Kerry.

That's how I see it.

It seems a strange place to sight an anti-tank gun, in a dip in the ground.

Are they setting up or moving I wonder.

Regards,
          Chris.

Comment

I think this photo was taken directly after a battle.
            The reason, i think, why they are in this dip in the ground is to have some cover.
            Because of the people standing in the distance (left from the burning truck) i think that the actual fight is over at this moment.

Those trucks look like to have been quickly parked.
            The 2 Russian soldiers in the middle look to be POW.
            The anti-tank gun on the right is in "transport mode", the legs are not folded out.

Its a nice photo!
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X