David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wolf Willrich Post cards Totenkopf? And HJ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolf Willrich Post cards Totenkopf? And HJ ?

I came across a couple Wolf Willrich postcards and a couple unknown photos, I was wondering if someone could identify the respective pictures and give me an idea of worth for all four individual pieces?

First up an HJ? Photo on the back stamped is Bild: Zimmermann Nr.: 8 April 1942

Second up is a photo of either ss panzer (Totenkopf) or Panzer unit in panzer wrappers (I say ss because it looks like they have skulls on their over seas cap and collars) one has an EK on his wrapper another has an SA badge the other I can't make out all in front of a truck. The number 26 or 76 is pencilled on the back.

Thank you for any input!

Comment

The Willrich images are well known and were printed in large quantities. They are part of his series on the nobility of the people who generally worked on the land.

Ramon

Comment

Thanks Ramon. I was able to track down my magnifying glass and was able to find out some more info but not much. The HJ photo I have never seen a black uniform but there is a number on the shoulder strap of the man closest to the camera (cant make out) and the seventh man sports a HJ proficiency badge.

As for the panzer photo the 6 of them are all wearing wrappers, all of them have the skull and cross bones on their collar tabs. Third man from the left sports an EK2 ribbon and a 4 place ribbon bar just below( first one is the ek bar second is a flat colored bar and the other two I cant make out. The same man has something on his shoulder boards that differ from the other men but cannot make out if it's a unit number or rank. As I stated before the 5th man in from the left is sporting a SA sports badge and a horse rider badge? Im certain the men are SS as their overseas caps lack the piping of regular panzer soldiers in the usual upside down V but have the skull and cross bones on their tabs? One last bit the fifth man appears to have white piping on his wrapper collars?

Best,
        Brett
        Last edited by Beattie-B; 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X