SS recuiting poster? Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS recuiting poster? Original?

Old stock yellowing paper, with folds, like US war posters, size is 24.5 inches by 34 inches..Is it an SS recruiting poster?

Its a ground up fake... I don't believe the image is even a reproduction of anything that was done during the period.

The colouring to me is reminiscent of many fakes that are seen on offer.

Comment

Disagree

Mr max, if you see the old paper personally, you might change your mind. I've shown pics to Craig Gottlieb, he thinks it's original too, yet not seen before..the guy wanted it out of his shop. maybe the national holocaust museum may know something? I've been fooled before, but I collected U.S. War posters for 40 years, while not American, it's got original folds, not rolled, and the paper is of the period, or as you say it's a fake, but then, why only one known?

Comment

I don't mean to be crass, but I totally agree with Max:
        The fake and rather cryptic printing numbers are also a give-away. The market have loads of these SS-posters printed in the same size as you mention and with these cryptic printing numbers on the bottom. They never say where they were printed and what do the supposed abbrevations stand for? One that figures on quite many of these fakes is "ofs" Is it supposed to be official in German? Then that is spelled offiziell with a z. German posters often had information regarding where it was printed. These posters never have. Just these strange and often misspelled abbrevations. The printing letters also have a font that I haven't seen on anything before.
        These fake posters tend to be printed on rather thick paper, although the German posters I have are rather thin in paper quality. The colours are dubious as Max mentions, and the yellow colour seems pre-yellowed.
        Here are a couple of similar items in my opinion:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-O...item2a2f8bb820

http://irmadoziedo.deviantart.com/ar...n-SS-207388398

Comment

Originally posted by Garandy View Post
          Mr max, if you see the old paper personally, you might change your mind. I've shown pics to Craig Gottlieb, he thinks it's original too, yet not seen before..the guy wanted it out of his shop. maybe the national holocaust museum may know something? I've been fooled before, but I collected U.S. War posters for 40 years, while not American, it's got original folds, not rolled, and the paper is of the period, or as you say it's a fake, but then, why only one known?

No offence but Craig Gottlieb may have experience in quite a few areas in militaria, posters is not one of them...!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
            No offence but Craig Gottlieb may have experience in quite a few areas in militaria, posters is not one of them...!
            He does have experience in overcharging for them......

Comment

Hi,

clearly not an original... Nothing related to anything used by the SS-Hauptamt/SS-Schulungsamt.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                He does have experience in overcharging for them......
                So true!

Comment

Absolutely 100% fake, this poster is sold every year by Garbage auction house named Pioneer Auctions. They have auctions every month ,and must have 500 complaints against them for selling fake items, Just search LiveAuctioneers.com and type in Anti Semitic and search under sold items, there you will find the bogus sold posters... I only collect Anti Semitic paper items ,and know for certain this is fake!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X