What's going on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on here?

I saw this picture for sale and just sold on ebay and was wondering what is going on with their uniforms? They are wearing party armbands and have look to have luftwaffe helmets on. Is there any way that this would be possible?

Looks like RAD Flak soldiers

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      Looks like RAD Flak soldiers
      There were RAD flak soldiers? Never knew that. Will need to start a thread in the history section!

Comment

I seem to remember discussion about this topic on the forum in the past. From what I remember RAD personnel were issued Luftwaffe helmets as a matter of course without any connection as a Luftwaffe attachment. I found this for what it's worth. http://www.german-helmets.com/RAD%20Helmets.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Bryant U. View Post
          I seem to remember discussion about this topic on the forum in the past. From what I remember RAD personnel were issued Luftwaffe helmets as a matter of course without any connection as a Luftwaffe attachment. I found this for what it's worth. http://www.german-helmets.com/RAD%20Helmets.htm
          Thanks for this link! It is very informative and learned another good thing today!

Comment

I believe I've shared this before, but here are RAD members (note sidecaps)being fitted for and issued LW helmets. This wasn't all that uncommon actually
            Attached Files

Comment

Sure wish I owned stacks of steel like those!!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                Sure wish I owned stacks of steel like those!!

Br. James
                I do too. Thanks for sharing another photo example of RAD members getting luftwaffe helmets! This is interesting IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X