Flemish propaganda slogan: need translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flemish propaganda slogan: need translation

Working on a new RZM Publishing photo book project and I need help translating into English the wartime propaganda
    slogan you see on the front of the building. I don't need a literal translation. Just an English equivlant for proper understanding.
    Hoping one of our Flemish speaking members could translate it for me.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

You can't literally translate "Te Weer" but the slogan says "To Defend! To Arms!"

Comment

Thanks Bart!

Comment

Remy, is this one of the 19.Lw.Feld.Div. Marders pictured on the market square of Eeklo, Belgium?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon V. View Post
          Remy, is this one of the 19.Lw.Feld.Div. Marders pictured on the market square of Eeklo, Belgium?

Yes it is. I made a visit to Eeklo last year for my research on this topic.
          For years no one knew where the photo of the Marders were taken and the photos were always captioned incorrectly. Once we started researching this unit all sort of information came to light. When you take the information we uncovered and link it together with the photos I have it makes for a very interesting story.

Soon I will start a new thread in the Book review section promoting the release of this upcoming title which should be released Nov. 1st 2013.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X