Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

third reich postcards

Hello,
    I recently bought some third reich postcards. They were undated. In what period were most of them made? Are there post-war postcards?
    What does an blacklight-test say about them?
    Regards
    TVD

I would like to see scans of what you purchased. I could then render an opinion.

The Third Reich cards will mainly date from the 1933-45 period while the Kampfzeit period of the NSDAP will date from the very early 20's.

There as a few post war fantasy items in the field.

There are different types of postcards. There are the officially issued postcards that were used for everyday mail purposes. There are the printed to private order postcards commemorating different events such as philatelic exhibitions, political/cultural events, and then the purely propaganda, political/military type cards, some of whom you can see in my Propagada postcard thread on this site.

But to answer succintly your question, I would like to see what you have purchased.

Ramon

Comment

Hi Ramon, thanks for the quick reply.
      Here are some pics of the postcards: http://groups.msn.com/Lambi/shoebox.msnw
      regards
      TVD

cQUOTE=ramon]I would like to see scans of what you purchased. I could then render an opinion.

The Third Reich cards will mainly date from the 1933-45 period while the Kampfzeit period of the NSDAP will date from the very early 20's.

There as a few post war fantasy items in the field.

There are different types of postcards. There are the officially issued postcards that were used for everyday mail purposes. There are the printed to private order postcards commemorating different events such as philatelic exhibitions, political/cultural events, and then the purely propaganda, political/military type cards, some of whom you can see in my Propagada postcard thread on this site.

But to answer succintly your question, I would like to see what you have purchased.

Ramon[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hallo TVD,

Thanks for the fotos. Which card is represented by the image of the reverse?
        I fear that that card is a post war reprint.

Further, I'm saddened by the condition of the cards. The original cards are common and can be seen frequently offered off of eBay so I hope you have not spent much on them.

The original cards were published by the German Postal authorities.

Comment

Hello Ramon
          Both cards looks alike backside. No, I didn't pay a lot for them. It was 4 Euro's (3 USD) for both.
          Can a blacklight test tell that they are post-war productions?
          Regards
          TVD
          Originally posted by ramon
          Hallo TVD,
          Thanks for the fotos. Which card is represented by the image of the reverse?
          I fear that that card is a post war reprint.

Further, I'm saddened by the condition of the cards. The original cards are common and can be seen frequently offered off of eBay so I hope you have not spent much on them.

The original cards were published by the German Postal authorities.

Comment

Hello TVD,

I suspect both cards are post war examples. That combined with the damage exhibited by each make them near worthless to me. But they do serve the purpose of showing a collector the fraudulent material that is out there.

A black light is of use on paper stock that is of more recent maufacture.

As in other areas of collecting interest in the Third Reich field, there is no substitute to seeing and handling as much material as possible. This is especially the case in propaganda cards. If the person who creates fraudulent material to bilk the collector will reproduce a common card, it is all the more necessary for the collector to be on the alert for the rarer, more exotic material. Soon, you can find yourself losing 300 or 3000 Euros easily.

Obtain catalogues, go the various internet sites, become involved with sites like this one and above all: know who you're dealing with!

All the best.

Ramon

Comment

hello!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X