Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek2 docuement on estand for review

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=680608

was woundering if anyone can give me some opinions on thos ek2 document on the estand ???
    what did this guy do ?? still trying to learn how read the units and such on these ,

hes asking i think i fair price for its condition , item condition is not a big issue with me as this item is in my price range

thanx

ben

Hello Ben,

The document is original. It was awarded to a Private, serving in the 5th Company of Infantry Regiment 305. This Regiment was part of the 198th Infantry Division and if you look at the eagle ink stamp, you will see that the issuing authority was the Command of the 198th Infantry Division. The signature is that of Oberst Ludwig Müller, who was in fact the acting leader of the 198th Division at the time this document was awarded (September 1942). The following month, Müller was promoted to Generalmajor and became the Division Commander.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by bh84 View Post
      hes asking i think i fair price for its condition , item condition is not a big issue with me as this item is in my price range
      Oh, yes!

For €20, you should grab this up. It's a good deal for an EK2 document, even in this condition and despite the swastika being inked over.

By the way: Müller ended up as a General der Infanterie and was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oakleaves.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Here is a signed photo of Ludwig Müller:
        Attached Files
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

thanx guys , i intend to make it mine ,
          just got into collecting documents , i like them alot , they can tell so much about what a peson did and were they were

thanx

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X