Hitler and Maurice signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler and Maurice signatures

Hello. What do the experts think of those 1925 signatures of Adolf Hitler and Emil Maurice?

Regards
    Attached Files

Close-ups of the signatures
    Attached Files

Comment

The AH signature looks good IMO. Does someone have a signature of Maurice for comparison?

Regards

Comment

The supposed Emil Maurice signature does not appear to agree favorably with the examples provided in Charles Hamilton's first volume or in Emilie Caldwell Stewart's work on the subject of TR autographs.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          The supposed Emil Maurice signature does not appear to agree favorably with the examples provided in Charles Hamilton's first volume or in Emilie Caldwell Stewart's work on the subject of TR autographs.

Br. James
          Hi Brian.

Thanks so far. Would you mind showing examples of the other Maurice signatures?

Finally I found some Maurice signatures on the Internet. Please note how they changed over the years.

First Maurice signature is from a personal letter to Hitler:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 07-02-2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Second Maurice signature (1965):
            Attached Files

Comment

Third signature is from his Bundesrepublik Deutschland Passport (probably mid 1960s):
              Attached Files

Comment

All those scans appear on documents of a maurice estate which had been sold 3 years ago here:

http://www.fpp.co.uk/shop/Maurice/

Regards

Comment

And here are both 1925 dated signatures of Maurice together. I have to admit that they don't look very similiar.
                  But neither do the other ones compared with themselves.

It would be great to hear some other opinions.

Regards
                  Attached Files

Comment

Max perhaps?

Regards

Comment

As I said in a PM to Oberbootsmann, I have some doubts as to the authenticity of these signatures purporting to be Hitler and Emil Maurice. Earlier Hitler signatures are more difficult to authenticate and so it is always better to examine them physically before reaching a conclusion. This Hitler example is, on the face of it, an excellent copy of an early Hitler and could possibly be assessed as authentic without proper examination. There are some faults evident.
                      However, the Maurice signature, although very similar to known examples, throws me somewhat as the first initial has no resemblance to an "E" and cannot be mistaken as such. The surname has extremely similar characteristics to a real Maurice, but it is the first initial that throws doubt on the whole thing.
                      To sum up, a physical examination is necessary before a final conclusion is reached, but some doubts already exist at this stage.
                      Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                        As I said in a PM to Oberbootsmann, I have some doubts as to the authenticity of these signatures purporting to be Hitler and Emil Maurice. Earlier Hitler signatures are more difficult to authenticate and so it is always better to examine them physically before reaching a conclusion. This Hitler example is, on the face of it, an excellent copy of an early Hitler and could possibly be assessed as authentic without proper examination. There are some faults evident.
                        However, the Maurice signature, although very similar to known examples, throws me somewhat as the first initial has no resemblance to an "E" and cannot be mistaken as such. The surname has extremely similar characteristics to a real Maurice, but it is the first initial that throws doubt on the whole thing.
                        To sum up, a physical examination is necessary before a final conclusion is reached, but some doubts already exist at this stage.
                        Max.
                        Thanks Max. I agree with you. In case that the signatures are copies, they are good copies. Especially the Hitler one.

I was also thinking long time about the first letter of Maurices' signature. IMO it's not an "e" but reminds me on a small Sütterlin "a".
                        Therefore I checked maurices' parents in case that one of them had written the postcard but their first names neither start with an "a".

Normally I don't buy Hitler signatures on other documents than official, contemporary documents (promotions, etc.).
                        In this case I almost made an exception but because of a bad gut feeling I kept hands finally off.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X