Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nachr.Komp.824???

Hi,

I've got a Document to a soldier in Nachr.Komp.824 please can some one tell me what this means and how I can go about researching this unit.

Thanks
    Rick

Hi
    Here is what you have.

Nachr. = Nachrichten or signals
    Komp. = Kompanie or company

Nachr. komp. 824 was the divisional signals company of the 221 sicherungs division. The security divisions were in essence low grade rear area infantry divisions, this particular formation also included, in 1943, several 'Osttruppen' units including cavalry. It fought on the Eastern front with army group center around areas such as Minsk and Gomel and it was eventually destroyed, as were so many other units in amry group center, in the summer of '44.

Sources: Tessin- Verbande und truppen...
    Nafziger- The German order of battle, infantry in WWII.

hope this helps

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon,

Just what I wanted to find out, are the books you used worth getting? where can I get them from and how much do they cost.

Regards
      Rick

Comment

Rick,
        I would say the Tessin is definately worth getting but at £600 for 21 volumes is it something you need that much?
        I have a set, no doubt Simon has a set and a few other members have them so why not post your querries here...with that said as a document collector myself I could not really do without them!
        If you are serious about collecting documetns there is a good 20 more books I could recommend!!!

Cheers, Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi Rick
          Just to echo what Ian said, Tessin is very good indeed but is quite an investment. Nafziger's book helps fill in some of the gaps now and again as do other works.

Anyway, as an excuse to try out my new digital camera here is what Tessin's huge work looks like, and i'm even missing the last volume. :o

Simon
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X