Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic SS LAH photo album?

Hey Gents...

I wanted to toss this up for discussion since I have some questions.

Here is a nice LAH photo album with around 30 pics and in overall good shape (one tear on cover)

Ive owned a few SS albums, HEER, Luft and one KM and they all have something in common that this one does not.

This one "looks" generic to me. What mean is the all but the last two pages are all the BIG GUYS, and some great shots of LAH troopers.

Nothing personal.. no captions, no onion skin pages...

Great shots of the big guys that I don't think Ive seen.. I love the one of Goring looking BORED TO DEATH!!! HA

THe last page has one young LAH man with his bride.. I thought German girls were HOT... Not this one!

Anyway take a peek and I took a bunch more shots if you like to see them all shoot me a PM with your email.

Have you all see 90% album of just generic shots and the last few pages personal?

Love to hear the comments thanks J
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

What I did just notice is the single picture on the man on the first page is the same guy that is getting married.. Pretty cool.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

the back has some water damage.
                Attached Files

Comment

some comments ...

Originally posted by Jumper View Post
                  ...a nice LAH photo album with around 30 pics...
                  This one "looks" generic to me. ...Nothing personal..
                  no captions, no onion skin pages... Love to hear the
                  comments thanks J
                  Hello J:
                  Superb photos, thanks for the look. I especially like the 1st
                  pattern LAH DE Standard view in post #4a. I saw the 2nd LAH
                  Standard years ago in person during its San Diego California visit.

sigpic
                  .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

I might be wrong, but the photos do not appear to be originals. It was common practice for lower rank men to insert postcards and mass produced photos in their albums, but this album looks to me to be cobbled together post-war and includes too many non-original snapshots. The lack of handwritten captions is another indicator of this. I might be totally wrong as I haven't got the album in my hands, but I think it's a made up job.
                    Max.

Comment

The photo with Joseph Goebbels is 1938 when he was caught out having a affair with Czech actress Lida Baarove.note the look on his face.that is why Goring is looking very cross.

Comment

Hello.

I agree with Max.

There are some photos to make it look like one man's photo album as he progresses pre-war wearing black to his marriage during the war.

It is then filled out with known photos. I don't want to comment on the photos of the soldier being original or not but if so I wonder where the others went that left the gaps?

I doubt many SS men would have wanted fillers of Goerring or Goebbels.

Regards,
                        Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                          I might be wrong, but the photos do not appear to be originals. It was common practice for lower rank men to insert postcards and mass produced photos in their albums, but this album looks to me to be cobbled together post-war and includes too many non-original snapshots. The lack of handwritten captions is another indicator of this. I might be totally wrong as I haven't got the album in my hands, but I think it's a made up job.
                          Max.
                          100% agree!

There may be several originals (I think that the smaller portrait on page 1 is very nice - I saw a copy of it for sale right here on WAF), but most of the photos are very well known images that were previously published as postcards... The photo paper is also wrong! Lastly, it is not the same man throughout the album!

lohengrin

PS: The wedding pictures are not of LSSAH soldier...

Comment

Hey Guys,

Im glad to see my instincts were right on concerning this album.

Are the photos post war? The album seems to be original

What "value" would you all put on it as is?

Thanks J

Comment

I have my doubts as well. Have a good look at the first head shot on page 1. The photo looks muddy (not sharp anywhere) to me a clear indication of a copy of a copy.

Like the others as I went though my opinion was confirmed.

Some might be original photos or postcards. The damaged wedding photo my be legit, but again a very muddy pic for a wedding photo??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X