Unique document pertaining to ss-führerschule tölz 1937

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique document pertaining to ss-führerschule tölz 1937

Would like to show you a unique document pertaining to the SS-Führerschule Tölz 1937.
    Together with a 2nd sample I have here 2 samples of the programbooklet for the fare-well party of the candidates of the 2nd course at the SS-Führerschule Tölz,
    that took place 29 January1937, the night before leaving for the platooncommander-course at Dachau.

During the evening - possibly as a memento for each other - ALL candidates of class C personally did provide the sample shown below with their signatures:
    Günter Schmitt, Karl Hohmann, Erwin Schumacher, Max Vögtel, Kurt Maier,
    Fritz Haas, Ernst Mallin, Lorenz Mohr, Anton Koppenwallner, Herbert Paduck,
    Rudolf Schrembs, Hubert Meyer, Ernst Eberhardt, Otto Mairföls, Friedel Meyer.
    Hermann im Masche and Hans Cerwenka.

Also did sign
    Schoolcommander Bernhard Voss,
    Tacticsteacher Rudolf Pfannenstiel,
    Teacher philiosophy of life Karl Drechsler,
    Weaponsteacher Werner Ostendorff,
    Classleaders Hans Lohmann and Kurt Benz,
    as well as the platooncommander of the Lehrsturm Fritz Braune.

The pages of the 2nd sample of the programbooklet (not shown here) show the signatures of
    Tacticsteachers Hans Schwedler, Anton Vogler and Rudolf Pfannenstiel,
    the Führer of the Schulabteilung Arved Theuermann,
    the Führer of the Lehrsturm Karl Künstler (the later cdr. of KL
    Flossenbürg) and his platooncommanders Vinzens Kaiser and Fritz Braune,
    Weaponsteachers Max Zeiser, Werner Ostendorff and Paul Schulz,
    Sportsteacher Max Kopischke,
    Ridingteacher Tietz,
    Baracksmanager Peter Fritz
    as well as the Führer of the motorunit Wilhem Heim.
    Furthermore, a number of other signatures are present I could notdecipher as well as a number of signatures of female schoolpersonnel.

Never saw so many original sigantures of so many later prominent SS-officers together
    Best wishes,
    Dikeman

ALWAYS INTERESTED IN (SCANS OF) PICTURES AND DOCUMENTS FOR MY BOOK "SS-TOTENKOPFVERBAENDE 1933 - 1939"
    Attached Files

These signatures will be good to have for future reference of signatures they later made on other documents in the field and such, and it seems at the bottom it says 29/1. Not sure if this is 1 of 29 , or 29 of 100. But looks like about 29 signatures , I think they mimeographed the program to start to mass produce them for all the participants , (as even in the sixties we still used the same hand crank drum and those awful ink sheets and chemicals in case you younger folks never have used a mimeograph), then these friends , all signed each others as a momento to remember the night. Very nice significant find I'd say , and congratulations . somewhere there should be more of these in the hands of others on the list who signed here, but how many survived....??? so far just one.

Comment

Thanks for showing this. I've done some research on Arved Theuermann, and I'm always looking for more information. What does "Führer of the Schulabteilung" mean, in this context? What would the position translate to in English?

Comment

Hi Juoneen,
        The 29/1 at the bottom, next to the signature of SS-Standartenführer Bernhard Voss, reads completely - as can be seen on the original - 29/1/ '37 being the date of the fare-well party.
        Best wishes,
        Dikeman
        Originally posted by juoneen View Post
        These signatures will be good to have for future reference of signatures they later made on other documents in the field and such, and it seems at the bottom it says 29/1. Not sure if this is 1 of 29 , or 29 of 100. But looks like about 29 signatures , I think they mimeographed the program to start to mass produce them for all the participants , (as even in the sixties we still used the same hand crank drum and those awful ink sheets and chemicals in case you younger folks never have used a mimeograph), then these friends , all signed each others as a momento to remember the night. Very nice significant find I'd say , and congratulations . somewhere there should be more of these in the hands of others on the list who signed here, but how many survived....??? so far just one.

Comment

Hi Marc,
          I'm not quite sure, however, to my opinion - Theuermann, as Führer of the Schulabteilung, was in command of all teachers.
          Best wishes,
          Dikeman
          Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
          Thanks for showing this. I've done some research on Arved Theuermann, and I'm always looking for more information. What does "Führer of the Schulabteilung" mean, in this context? What would the position translate to in English?

Comment

Correction: 2nd course should read 3d course at the SS-Führerschule Tölz
            Best,
            Dikeman

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X