Flossenburg ss officer help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flossenburg ss officer help please

got this single page from the camp, i know about the dr, but has anyone any idea who the signiture is please,it looks to me like ringer/rumger? no idea, id appreciate your help please, thank you
    Attached Files

This document rings alarm bells. The signature and ink stamp leave me with an uncomfortable feeling. If I were offered it, I would pass it by.
    Max.

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
      got this single page from the camp, i know about the dr, but has anyone any idea who the signiture is please,it looks to me like ringer/rumger? no idea, id appreciate your help please, thank you
      Unfortunately, I don´t know the answer to your question.
      But here you go IMHO an interesting comparison:
      a similary document (only fragment) which I photographed for my private computer archive directly in Floßenbürg camp during my visit 5 years ago.
      Note the small differences...
      Attached Files

Comment

THAT WASNT THE QUESTION, I DIDNT ASK THE AUTHENTICITY MAX, i assume the only genuine signiture is those in your own collection? could anyone else kindly please help, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
          a similary document (only fragment) which I photographed for my private computer archive directly in Floßenbürg camp during my visit 5 years ago.
          very interesting, thank you, if the consensus is thats it is a fake, surely the faker wouldnt add a "g" in the forgery, does look very close, and by one day, same out lay etc, this is actually on the back of a chmische werke munchen ,otto barlocher g,m,b,h form, looks right in hand, and smells the deal, got this from a junk shop in krakau

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
            What is yours stamped with, is it the same?

Why within the day a switch to a non SS type writer? I suppose it is possible though.

Is the similar document generaly available for people to see?

Phil, do think it is ok, is it from a good source?

The signature is hard to decipher.

Jock

Comment

good points jock, i got it direct from the shop, via a friend who asked for 3rd reich and shown a bunch of old papers,he got the lot ,but this was the only good thing among them, it does feel right,im not too worried as it was a gift, , but i was made up about this, thanks for the reply mate

Comment

Originally posted by Jock Auld View Post
                What is yours stamped with, is it the same?

Why within the day a switch to a non SS type writer? I suppose it is possible though.

Is the similar document generaly available for people to see?

Phil, do think it is ok, is it from a good source?

The signature is hard to decipher.

Jock
                I always take a photos of original documents during my visits in camps, so that I have enough material for a future comparison. Unfortunately - at that time I took only a fragment photo of the document - I was interested mainly in Lagerarzt signature and date of exposure, so I have not picture of the round stamp.
                And yes, the similar document is generaly available for visitors to see.

Comment

Here is a list of known medicals (Lagerarzt) from KZ Flossenbürg:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategor...ossenb%C3%BCrg

and another list of known KZ medics:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_v...izinverbrechen

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
                    THAT WASNT THE QUESTION, I DIDNT ASK THE AUTHENTICITY MAX, i assume the only genuine signiture is those in your own collection? could anyone else kindly please help, thank you
                    I believe my doubts are fortified after seeing the example posted by kuratorium. In my opinion I now believe your (Phil's) example is a copy forgery created by someone who had access to an authentic document. He/she made some errors and totally f*cked up copying the signature.
                    You asked about the signer of the document and therefore the authenticity is paramount; and no amount of sarcasm about my collection or my opinion changes that.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                      I believe my doubts are fortified after seeing the example posted by kuratorium. In my opinion I now believe your (Phil's) example is a copy forgery created by someone who had access to an authentic document. He/she made some errors and totally f*cked up copying the signature.
                      You asked about the signer of the document and therefore the authenticity is paramount; and no amount of sarcasm about my collection or my opinion changes that.
                      in hand is everything,,,,,as you know well

Comment

I did not know that they did such dokuments partially in English:

...geb. 16.4.14 zu Munich.......

Greetings daggers.

Comment

your right, good hit

Comment

Originally posted by daggers View Post
                            I did not know that they did such dokuments partially in English:

...geb. 16.4.14 zu Munich.......

Greetings daggers.
                            Well spotted. As suspected.....a total fake.

Comment

Fake!

1. The Stamp says: Police Commander of Posen (Town in Schlesien) and the document was signed and written in Flossenbürg?

2. born in Munich? - No way, there would be "München".

kind regards

Uli

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X