Flugbuch Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flugbuch Entries

I am hoping to recieve some help in deciphering some Flugbuch entries.

Unfortunatly I only have photocopies to go on and not the original however, I have managed to glean a good % of the information but there are a couple of gaps that I would like to have filled as I try to complete the research piece as detailed as possible.

The entries that I need help with are as follows:

1. Flight No. 119. What is the 3 written lines following 1. Fiendflug?

2. Flight No 126. Firstly, what is the place of landing at 1500? and what is the block of handwritten text as the final entry? I 'think' I can see Fortress II and Fallschirmabsprung?

Any help with this really will be very well recieved indeed.

Regards Richard.
    Attached Files
    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Flight 126 - I read "Genshagen" as place of landing.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
      Flight 126 - I read "Genshagen" as place of landing.
      Gerdan
      Gerdan

That is excellent! Many thanks for your help as usual.

Any idea on the handwritten text entries I listed?

Regards Richard.
      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Richard, sorry but too bad scans to identify the text exactly. May be it would help only to scan the two parts which are relevant to read.

Regards
        Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
          Richard, sorry but too bad scans to identify the text exactly. May be it would help only to scan the two parts which are relevant to read.
          Regards Gerdan
          Gerdan

I am hoping these might be better?

As I said earlier, I 'think' I can see Fortress II and Fallschirmabsprung?

Regards Richard.
          Attached Files

Comment

.....and on the other one, I have attached 2 different scans, not sure if these will be readable?

Any help whatsoever will be very well recieved indeed.

Regards Richard.
            Attached Files

Comment

Richard, sorry the "new" pictures you show us seem not be scanned new or better but only an enlargement of the same scans you sent uns before.

I have problems to understand the writing/text.

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan

Unfortunatly I only have a heavily multi-generation photocopy to go on and resultingly, the images are not as clear as I would like.

I have attached the portion of the page scanned in at 200 dpi, which seems to be the clearest that I can do. I really hope that this helps.

I have been informed that the first part of the final entry reads "After attacking a Flying Fortress shot down in flames, bailed out at 250 meters"

Any help as always will be very well recieved indeed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Richard,

From the copy it is very difficult to read.

I can only read a part of it.

"Abschuss einer Boeing Fortress II"

"Fallschirmabsprung aus 250 ....."

The place of the landing is the same one as at the end of the writing at the far right of that page.

I do read the lading place as being Gentingen.

http://www.ortsdienst.de/Rheinland-P...gen/Flughafen/

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

ps. I don't have this book myself, but maybe it is helpful.

Frank Güth, Axel Paul,
                    Horst Schuh
                    Vom Feindflug nicht
                    zurückgekehrt
                    Fliegerschicksale in Eifel, Rheinund
                    Moselland
                    160 Seiten, fest gebunden mit
                    Schutzumschlag, 212 Abbildungen,
                    Großformat 28,5 x 24 cm
                    ISBN 978-3-938208-97-7

Comment

Eric

Thank you for your reply.

I have been informed that the text most likely reads:

"nach Beschuss gegen Boeing Fortress II brennend abgeschossen Fallschirmabsprung aus 250m. und Landung ? Genshagen/Gentingen".

I am waiting on news of the Namen Verlusst Meldung for 12-May-1944 to see if this man is listed among the crews. Apparently, II./ZG26 lost 4 X Me-410 aircraft on that day.

The man in question did not submit any claims to the RLM, so I am swaying towards it being him shot down by the B-17, and not the other way around.

Regards Richard.

Comment

Result!

It seems that the entry in question refers to the loss of an Me-410 shot down in flames as a result of return fire from a B-17 following an attack from underneath.

The Bordfunker baled out at 200-250 metres and the pilot stayed with the aircraft and belly landed near Gerstungen.

Many thanks indeed to all those who have offered their help, both with replies on this thread and via PM.

Regards Richard.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X