Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foreign HJ & S-Boat award grouping

Good day Gents,

it looks like S-Boat award docs are my subject of the month - with great interest I have read this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=677657 .

And by co-incidence I have received an S-Boat paper grouping this week as well. Actually the S-Boat award was only the icing on the cake - the reason why I bought the whole thing was the one-off HJ Fuehrer Ausweis (unfortunately without the "normal" HJ Ausweis which the boy had before being promoted to a Fuehrer).

So to introduce the Ausweis a little: the boy was born in Barcelona (Spain) Febr 1925 as "Auslandsdeutscher" (Germany citizen residing outside the German homeland territories). As the time of issue of the Ausweis he lived in Bilbao (Northern Spain). On the photo the boy wears the three lined arm triangle "Reichsdeutsche Jugend Ausland". The issuing authority is the "Landesjugendfuehrung Spanien" (Headquarter of German youth in Spain), signed by Gefolgschaftsfhr Detlev Ehlers, which was Landesjugendfuehrer Spain to a later date. Confirmed are the personal details by an unidentified Bannfuehrer of the Reichsjugendfuehrung department Auslandsamt (HJ formations abroad) - signature stamped and not hand signed.
    The Oberrottenfuehrer promotion entry is signed by Standortfuehrer Hilgers of the HJ in Bilbao.

As I said, S-Boat award doc is the icing on top. Issued to the same man in December 1944 and signed by Petersen.

Together with these two documents came the cover page of the Wehrpass (the Wehrpass itself missing unfortunately) and about 20 post-war papers, mostly dealing with problems the family experienced with the confirmation being German citizens, living in Spain. It appears the official documents had been misplaced within the family and/or the local authorities. A photo of the complete lot will follow to a later date.

Since the grouping is quite excessive I have not much doubt the S-Boat award doc is original. However, if the experts could have a look over that, I would be grateful. The HJ Fuehrerausweis is without any doubt original.

Enjoy and comments welcome.

Daniel
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Very interesting, thanks for posting! I see this young officer's candidate was only 19 years old when he earned his S-Boat badge. Incredible to think of kids like this with that experience and responsibility.

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for showing such a rare HJ ID card.

Stamped with a HJ Bilbao and HJ Spanien stamp.

The S.Boot award document is a fine original one.

I am really looking forward to the rest of your grouping.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting these documents. It's a terrific Führerausweis d. HJ and I especially like the S-boat document. Just beautiful! Without question, both are absolutely original IMO.

I find it interesting that this document is dated 21 December 1944 and signed by Petersen as Kapitän zur See, even though he had been appointed a Kommodore as of 23 September 1944. This discrepancy is not a cause for alarm as far as I'm concerned. During WW2, Kommodore was an actual rank in the Kriegsmarine and a Kommodore was permitted to wear the overcoat lapels and cap visor insignia of an Admiral, even though they were not considered a member of the German Admiralty. The rank was kind of a gray-area between Kapitän zur See and Konteradmiral. Essentially, it was a Senior Kapitän zur See. Documents signed by Petersen in this time frame were sometimes signed as Kapitän zur See und Kommodore and other times as simply Kapitän zur See. I don't recall seeing a document signed by him as simply Kommodore.

Congratulations on obtaining this fine grouping, and I look forward to seeing more bits and pieces from it.

Best regards,
            Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi Tom,

I don't think Kommodore was so much a "gray area" but simply a specific term denoting an officer with the rank of Kapitän zur See who was functioning as an Admiral. As such it denotes a position, not a rank, even though the position did carry its own distinct sleeve stripe. The shoulder boards still denoted the rank of Kapitän zur See.

Best regards,
              ---Norm

Comment

HJ-Führerausweis

Hello Daniel,
                fantastic HJ-Führerausweis from spain,congratulation.
                Best Regards
                Alois

Comment

Agree, a very nice HJ-Führerausweis you have
                  Please - can you show us a close up of the HJ-triangle?
                  Is the inscription legible / visible?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
                    Agree, a very nice HJ-Führerausweis you have
                    Please - can you show us a close up of the HJ-triangle?
                    Is the inscription legible / visible?
                    He wears this triangle
                    Regards
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by holzwurm_1920 View Post
                      He wears this triangle
                      OK. But why not this?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding Dani. John

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
                          OK. But why not this?

Good day Gents,

many thanks for all the positive comments on the grouping. A picture of the rest of the grouping will be posted later on tonight. I'm not home at the moment.
                          The boy wears definately the Reichsdeutsche Jugend Ausland triangle. I can't get a better picture right now. So Alois is right. The shown Barcelona triangle is not worn since he didn't belong to this particular HJ unit but was assigned to Bilbao. He was only born in Barcelona.

Nice triangles, btw, shown by Alois and "kuratorium".

I know only the "Ausland" and all Rundfunkspielschar triangles as three-lined. Can's get a better scan of this area - the photo doesn't allow a clearer display.

Rgds

Daniel
                          Attached Files

Comment

I received a picture of the complete grouping. Please see below. The Soldbuch (not Wehrpass as mistakenly stated in Post #1) is only the cover page, the main body is missing.

Sorry for the relatively poor picture - I think I will send the missus to a course in photography soon ... better than nothing. I don't want to bother her too much with it - good that I found her, tolerating the hobby at all.

Daniel
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X