exotic Luftwaffe photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exotic Luftwaffe photos

Guys, lately I get pretty strange photos (but interesting )....what about this one? Any chance to be Volksturm?
    Attached Files

Though I can't help with information on the photograph, I would suggest you watermark the photos you post so they aren't reproduced and find their way all over the web as well as images sold on ebay.
    Richard V

Comment

Interesting photo Edgar.

I wonder what type of jacket he is wearing? I know I have seen that rank style before but I'm not sure what organization it is.

Bryant

Comment

Somebody playing dress up
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Factory or Mine guard perhaps from photos I have seen they sometimes have rather eclectic uniforms

Comment

Hi Edgar,
            Your interesting photo was just posted on the WarRelics forum by someone this morning and some knowledgeable members believed this man is from a Guard unit working in service of the armed forces. (guarded factories/similar) as Byterock said! - Wachdienst (not volksturm)
            I personally had no clue what he was until I read that post, especially with the LW buckle/etc

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
              Hi Edgar,
              Your interesting photo was just posted on the WarRelics forum by someone this morning and some knowledgeable members believed this man is from a Guard unit working in service of the armed forces. (guarded factories/similar) as Byterock said! - Wachdienst (not volksturm)
              I personally had no clue what he was until I read that post, especially with the LW buckle/etc
              Yes, it makes sense...
              Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

I have posted the answer at the other forum with the thread:
                Don't tell me they would'nt have worn it..........
                along with some other photographs!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                  I have posted the answer at the other forum with the thread:
                  Don't tell me they would'nt have worn it..........
                  along with some other photographs!
                  Thanks Wilhelm, I didn't want to post your name without permission, so I just wrote "knowledgeable member"! haha

Comment

Edgar,

Can you please post a close-up photo of the award on the pocket? It looks like a mini SA Sports Badge.

Thanks!

Comment

Following up on this...

- What "other forum" were the photos posted to?
                      - Is this considered an authentic, wartime photo?
                      - Is it possible to post a zoom-in on the small pin/badge on the pocket (not the party pin, but the other below the pocket flap)?

Thanks!

Comment

See post for 4 for the forum-name and yes it is wartime. The owner of the photograph should make eventually the enlargement.

best regards
                        ws

Comment

here you go guys
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Edgar . I thought it might be a mini SA Sports Badge, but perhaps not.

Comment

No not an SA pin, but it looks like an NSKOV pin IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X