Photo album of Estonian SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo album of Estonian SS

The album was found in the abandoned farm house by one of my friends about some 20 years ago, after the last inhabitant died. There are 16 photos (10,5 x 7,5 cm) of field exercises probably in Heidelager/Debica, 6 portraits of some Estonian SS-legionnaires and about 10 more pictures of people in pre-WWII Estonian uniforms and everyday milieus. Unfortunately my friend have not identified any of the persons shown on these photos. The scans are not the best quality, but the whole thing seems quite alluring to me. The question is: what would be the fair price to offer if I wanted to buy them? The guy is not knowing nothing about this field (nor am I!) and at the same time I don't want to scam him behind his back. Any opinions/advices will be highly appreciated!

nice,i would think personally im willing to pay 200 dollars,nice portraits and pics

Comment

Hi,

excellent collection, imo this lot is interesting if complete.
      Each photo can be sold from 10 to 30 Euros, but if i was collecting estonian SS documents, i will propose up to 300 Euros for the whole lot.

See You

Vince

Comment

Copy negatives of very similar training photos (possibly the same, in some cases) are found at the US National Archives. The original photos were sent to the Bundesarchiv around 1982. The images were taken by Waffen-SS war reporters. I scanned several dozen back in February on my latest visit to NARA. I'll be using them in volume II of my Germanic Waffen-SS set (I just need to finish volume I....).

The ones shown here may be privately taken photos, but I can agree that they show the Estonian Waffen-SS Brigade training at Debica/Heidelager in the spring or summer of 1943.

Comment

Very nice priginals , were they found in Southern Estonia ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul E View Post
            Very nice priginals , were they found in Southern Estonia ?
            No, the album was found in Kadrina-Rakvere area.

Comment

Originally posted by gnadenlose View Post
              No, the album was found in Kadrina-Rakvere area.
              Ah right they are similar to a photo set i saw from Viljandi but obviously not from the same place !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X